Certain apps not working after Honeycomb 3.1 update

jmcauliffe800

May 16, 2011
Has anyone else notice that some of your apps that you downloaded are not working? For example, bn nook & android task killer.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
try clearing the cache for any app you are having trouble with after the update. That worked for me with clear.fi and the media server. Once I cleared the cache, they start working like a charm.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
I have had this issue with the nook reader. I have looked at the system settings and there is no cashe to delete as was suggested. I also notice that I cannot delete this app. I was hoping to delete and then reinstall.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
The Nook app is included in the 3.1 os, but will not work with the books you had with the previous version of Nook. I went into Applications, and cleared the books, then started Nook and downloaded my previous books again, and they now work fine. Give it a try.

Ken

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Also with some apps I have uninstalled and re-installed and they have come good.

Pete

jmcauliffe800

May 16, 2011
I did what user kwhabq did to fix it. Now it is working again. The other applications I was able to clear the cache.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
I'm going to submit your Nook fix to the Acer site, maybe they'll add it as a topic for other customers when they are looking through their fixes for stuff. :)

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
The Nook app is included in the 3.1 os, but will not work with the books you had with the previous version of Nook. I went into Applications, and cleared the books, then started Nook and downloaded my previous books again, and they now work fine. Give it a try.

Ken

Thank you. This worked for my problem as well.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum