certificate question

Dblade

Apr 19, 2012
I'm attempting to access a website for work and it shows the certificate on my tab and then says Security warning There are problems with the security certificate for this site and then i hit continue and i get Webpage not available. The web page contains an error.. Any work around this?

Website is : https://cleoc.ncis.navy.mil it works on my laptop, and HTC Thunderbolt (cellphone running 2.3.4 android version) and any other computer. Thanks for the help in advance.. i looked around the forum and really couldnt find anything on this issue.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm not sure what you can do about it, but I get the same error on my XP SP3 X32 desktop and my W7 SP1 X64 laptop. Apparently there really is something wrong with the website security certificate.

Dblade

Apr 19, 2012
i get the error on all my computers except for on my cell phone it pops right up. the tablet is the only one that wont allow me to access it at all.

Dblade

Apr 19, 2012
i get the error on all my computers except for on my cell phone it pops right up. the tableI contacted Verizon wireless tech support since i didnt get any information from here and they actually tried it on all the android tablets they carry and were unable to access the website. I'm unsure though if the 4.0 os will be able to access it. The Ipad2 and 3 both are able to access the website and all of the android cellphones are able to too which i dont quite understand yet. Maybe one of you guys could chime in because im sure someone here actually understand how the tablet works with the security certificates.
a
Dblade

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Certificates are one of the weakest points for some of the builds of Android. There are so many reasons a Cert could fail, and Android does not make it easier to fix. As Spider states in this in his review, it fails on XP. In this instance, it is due to the CA (Certificate Authority) is issued by the DOD CA. The fix to this scenario is to get the DOD root CA from a trusted source. If you have success on your PC or Mac, you can export it from your CA store to a CER file and import it into your Tablet. Once you have it,you import it in setup using the Credential Storage section of Security in Setup. You must place this .cer in the Root of your SD card or similar storage. It does not use a special folder.
Another problem of Android is the CA store update process. It is only done automatically during OS updates. Otherwise, you have to do it yourself.