CFW Coby Kyros 7024/8024

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
Hi flxrms. Thank you for your magic and for sharing it. Please, tell us something about your 2.3 cfw.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
The gingerbread is based on old version of Genesis by prox32 of slateroid.

Sent from my typewriter.

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
The gingerbread is based on old version of Genesis by prox32 of slateroid.Sent from my typewriter.
Thank you. I found all the necesary info inside the rar file. By the way, very, very nice the way you organized the files in the rar.

blacky

Nov 25, 2011
Hi flxrms,

I'm using kyros 7024 rooted with default ROM. Then I downloaded your Gingerbread 7024/8024 ROM. I copied all files to the INTERNAL SDCARD after formated SDCARD with FAT32. I turned off it and power on while holding HOME button. It appeared "upgrade firmware activated" and begin upgrade. when it came to state flashing system, it said FAILED and check a log file I don't remember its name. Now it can't power on and I think it bricked :(

Could you show me how to fix it please?
This tablet is my brother's, he will kill me if he know I destroyed it. Thank you in advance.

goff1222

Nov 25, 2011
Hi I need specific step by step directions on how to add the google andriod marketplace to a CobyMID7022. I have seen post that talk about clock recovery and some apk. Can some please forward me in the direction to get the google android marketplace downloaded successfully. Thanks in advance

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hi flxrms,

I'm using kyros 7024 rooted with default ROM. Then I downloaded your Gingerbread 7024/8024 ROM. I copied all files to the INTERNAL SDCARD after formated SDCARD with FAT32. I turned off it and power on while holding HOME button. It appeared "upgrade firmware activated" and begin upgrade. when it came to state flashing system, it said FAILED and check a log file I don't remember its name. Now it can't power on and I think it bricked :(

Could you show me how to fix it please?
This tablet is my brother's, he will kill me if he know I destroyed it. Thank you in advance.

The cfw is base on old version of Genesis and really stable so I'm really not sure why it failed ... i can recommed steev's latest Tsunami firmware for 7024 to try to flash it again.
Let's just hope its just a soft brick. We already have a thread on how to recover.

Btw did you follow the instructions properly?

Sent from my typewriter.

Last edited:

blacky

Nov 25, 2011
Hi, after 3 hours research the forums, I finally revive my tablet. God bless me! It's a soft brick. Now another question: follow your instruction, do I format my INTERNAL sdcard with full format or quick format ? I think I got error when I did quick format last time. thanks

rain

May 5, 2011
Hi, after 3 hours research the forums, I finally revive my tablet. God bless me! It's a soft brick. Now another question: follow your instruction, do I format my INTERNAL sdcard with full format or quick format ? I think I got error when I did quick format last time. thanks
do not use "quick" format.
...but i see you say above "format my internal" ? ? ? huh ? i never format the internal for a firmware load. . ( for me ) i take out the external sd and put the small guy into the carrier, and then plug it all into the reader hanging off my one usb cable. . when i plug it in, up pops a windoze alert stating that it see a new drive attached ( g: ). . and then i use the official sd formatter ( i downloaded the HP one and is at version 3 ) and NOT the windoze formatter . . .

wajahat

Nov 26, 2011
Hi flxrms,
I ALSO have same problen like another guy here BLACKY please give solution
I'm using kyros 7024 rooted with default ROM. Then I downloaded your Gingerbread 7024/8024 ROM. I copied all files to the INTERNAL SDCARD after formated SDCARD with FAT32. I turned off it and power on while holding HOME button. It appeared "upgrade firmware activated" and begin upgrade. when it came to state flashing system, it said FAILED and check a log file I don't remember its name. Now it can't power on and I think it bricked
Could you show me how to fix it please

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Read the instructions again: to update the firmware, the normal procedure is to copy the firmware files to the external microSD card, not the internal. That's why you bricked your tablet.

Simply format a card using FAT32 on your computer, copy the firmware files to it and repeat the update process with the card in the tablet's external slot (turn it on holding the silver button).

wajahat

Nov 26, 2011
please give me some solution otherwise my father gonna kill when he come to know it please help me(flxrms)
what i have to do now