CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

salty72

Sep 26, 2011
Thanks Steev for the ROM.

Installed 0.3 is work great except that I can't seem to sync my tablet information with Google (Contacts, Calendar, etc...).
The sync works properly initially after reboot (the timestamp is updated with the boot time) but all subsequent attempts to sync (settings-accounts-profile-sync now) shows the sync icon but its never active (spinning). The timestamp does not update.

I tried doing a wipe and re-install without success. Any ideas for resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sal

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
i dont know why salty, but tha sync in this tablet is very dificult with CFW, with tha first that went out was something like that too, so... I dont know. Specially with whatsapp and skype, the sync does not work properly :S

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am having the same issue and I am investigating... I started to notice that Gmail wasn't pulling new messages as it should, only after a reboot. It seems that the Gapps version used is for Android 2.3.4 only, so GoogleServicesFramework doesn't play well with the version in the CFW. Downgrading the GSF.apk to the a version may fix it. I am still testing.

salty72

Sep 26, 2011
I am having the same issue and I am investigating... I started to notice that Gmail wasn't pulling new messages as it should, only after a reboot. It seems that the Gapps version used is for Android 2.3.4 only, so GoogleServicesFramework doesn't play well with the version in the CFW. Downgrading the GSF.apk to the a version may fix it. I am still testing.

Thanks for your help.
If you or Steev need any tests or log files, please let me know.
The forum's assistance in making this tablet useable is much appreciated.

-Sal

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks guys I'll take a look at that after a short break.

I've just released TsunamiMod.
Haven't checked if it has this issue yet.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Following info regarding Google synncing: I have reverted to package gapps-gb-20110115-signed (it's a little traumatic, one has to disable syncing, kills GoogleServicesFramework, clear all Google related apps data in Settings -> Applications and use Terminal Emulator as root or adb to push the older files -- minus SetupWizard, CarHome and GoogleQuickSearchBox --, tablet may crash and restart, then clear cache and dalvik cache, reboot again). Doing this seems to remove your Google accounts. I added mine back and so far Calendar and Contacts seem to be syncing automatically (I have disabled automatic syncing for Gmail, Picasa, Docs and Books).

For those still with the original package, you may wanna try this first:
- Go to Settings and disable sync for every item individually, then disable automatic global syncing;
- Settings - Applications and clear data for GoogleServicesFramework, and all stuff related to Contacts and Calendar, including the Google sync backends;
- Restart tablet;
- Enable automatic syncing again
- Enable syncing for just Calendar and Contacts.

Update: even with the older Gapps version, it seems that syncing stops if the tablet stays in standby for a long time, so I started to wonder if it's related to a system issue.

Last edited:

Yagami_ex

Sep 8, 2011
Hello I am having some problems with my7024, it is having some random freezes,anyone else has had this problem with this rom?

Sorry for my English I used Google Translate

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hello I am having some problems with my7024, it is having some random freezes,anyone else has had this problem with this rom?

Normal or overclocked u-boot? If you used the oc'ed one, try installing with the normal version. If it doesn't help, revert to the original firmware and test the device, random freezes may be reated to a defective device.

rain

May 5, 2011
i had freezing too when i tried to use a 'class 10' ( fast ) internal sd . . am back to 'class 4' now and things are very stable.
i had a bit of bad luck with my external sd receptacle . . the tiny little springy wire came out and the sd does not click in and stay in any more . . what a pain . . the eject force is TOO strong for any tape that i tried . . so the only way to keep the external sd 'in' and making good contact was to hot wax it . . ooh that stuff is dangerous ( burnt my finger tip good ! ) but it did the trick !

Yagami_ex

Sep 8, 2011
I used the default that comes from this rom, my problem is that the only rom that was not freezing is the C8lean one that does not support the screen calibration app does and not work the volume buttons, I will now test the tsunamimod, and the funny thing is it only freezes when I use the browser or a heavy game, I used SnesDroid 40 minutes and did not freeze!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Google syncing: out of the blue, it seeems to be working now. I was doing other researches and don't remember doing anything related to Gapps or syncing and after a few hours the tablet was sleeping I turned it on and there was new messages in Gmail. Maybe it was a Google services problem? Can anyone confirm it's working normally now?

salty72

Sep 26, 2011
Google syncing: out of the blue, it seeems to be working now. I was doing other researches and don't remember doing anything related to Gapps or syncing and after a few hours the tablet was sleeping I turned it on and there was new messages in Gmail. Maybe it was a Google services problem? Can anyone confirm it's working normally now?

Neither this rom nor the tsunamirom works for me. Both sync normally initially after bootup (tsunami even syncs a few hours after bootup) but both stop syncing (even manually) after 24 hours.

Thanks,
Sal

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
I used the default that comes from this rom, my problem is that the only rom that was not freezing is the C8lean one that does not support the screen calibration app does and not work the volume buttons, I will now test the tsunamimod, and the funny thing is it only freezes when I use the browser or a heavy game, I used SnesDroid 40 minutes and did not freeze!

To me, the tablet freeze when i had the OFW, then, i changed to steev's ROM v0.2 and never have a freeze or a flashing. With the steev's ROM v0.3 the freeze came back!!
... I tried tsunamimod yesterday and it freezed too...
Always freeze to me when i am using the Dolphin HD browser. Now i comeback to steev's ROM v0.2, is the more stable to me...
The only problem i see in it, is when i used the speakers or the headphones, i hear a sound like a "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii", it happen every time... i don't now why... :s

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
To me, the tablet freeze when i had the OFW, then, i changed to steev's ROM v0.2 and never have a freeze or a flashing. With the steev's ROM v0.3 the freeze came back!!
... I tried tsunamimod yesterday and it freezed too...
Always freeze to me when i am using the Dolphin HD browser. Now i comeback to steev's ROM v0.2, is the more stable to me...
The only problem i see in it, is when i used the speakers or the headphones, i hear a sound like a "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii", it happen every time... i don't now why... :s

I had the "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" problem too, and discovered that it happens when using overclocked CFW. Went back to normal speed, "piiiii" gone.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum