CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Does this rom work on my kyros 1024? I'm working with Gingerbread 1.5 EVO HC theme. Which do you think is better

I add all new features from steev's ROM to GingerLF when I release a new version, both are basically the same, but the version for 1024n use base files and kernel that were compiled specifically for it.. Besides the support for new game controllers (that are being tested as of now), I don't think GingerLF V1.5 misses any other feature. Is there any you want on GingerLF?

I do not have the firmware file u-boot_overclock.bin where to take it?

Overclocking were abandoned basically because it will drain your tablet's battery much faster and it is not stable enough. Earlier versions had the option, if you really want to try it out...

Dormiens

Jan 30, 2012
Hi, please tell me, whats is firmware's default resolution (or dpi)? I missed that point after fresh installation of this firmware and now it seems to me, some installed application reduced resolution a bit (it's 160 now according to lcd). It is seen even on loading screen (bigger logo) and moreover - on desktop. I liked the original resolution a lot: convenient, pretty and so on :)

Scirocco

Feb 1, 2012
Hey all, just getting started with an Android tablet (first one) and I did a lot of searching for instructions both on this forum and elsewhere but I can't seem to find a basic how to on installing a custom ROM, specifically Alldro2 Gingerbread for the MID7024. Can anyone help me with this? I just flashed the newest Coby firmware on and all went well but I wasn't having any luck getting cifs working on 2.2 and moving to 2.3 seems like a much better solution. Noticed a few threads that reference using the menu key instead of the home button, but I could not find a description of the difference and I don't want to mess it up!

Sorry if this is basic stuff. Thanks in advance for any help!

--Installed 1.3 as per lfom's instructions. No battery status available and all buttons do not work, including power

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
The flashing procedure is the same: if you flashed factory's firmware (it's just a restoration firmware, not an update) then you have to do the same with the CFW files.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi, please tell me, whats is firmware's default resolution (or dpi)? I missed that point after fresh installation of this firmware and now it seems to me, some installed application reduced resolution a bit (it's 160 now according to lcd). It is seen even on loading screen (bigger logo) and moreover - on desktop. I liked the original resolution a lot: convenient, pretty and so on :)

Use this app or any other similar one to change LCD resolution (density):
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wemobs.android.lcdresolution

Scirocco

Feb 1, 2012
After reading this entire thread, I tried the following:
-install OFW from coby website
-re-format sd card with SDformatter
-install 1.2
-issue still exists with battery status not available and no buttons working (including power button) but all soft buttons are lit up and do not go out; otherwise it still seems to work ok

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
After reading this entire thread, I tried the following:
-install OFW from coby website
-re-format sd card with SDformatter
-install 1.2
-issue still exists with battery status not available and no buttons working (including power button) but all soft buttons are lit up and do not go out; otherwise it still seems to work ok

Any suggestions?

Everything works fine on OFW? If yes, then try installing an older version of CFW. Also if you didn't use "WIPE_DATA" you may need to activate it in order to do a complete system files update.

Scirocco

Feb 1, 2012
Everything works fine on OFW? If yes, then try installing an older version of CFW. Also if you didn't use "WIPE_DATA" you may need to activate it in order to do a complete system files update.

Yes, everything is fine with the OFW. Is the WIPE_DATA option in the ROM.inf file? If so, it was set to true when I tried installing 1.3. Maybe I'll try going back to 1.1 and see if that helps.

Update:
Checked sd card and found it was only class 2! Installed 1.3 from a class 4card and all is working wonderfully!!

Last edited:

ruisantos

Feb 6, 2012
Hi, I'm testing the v1.3 on a Kyros 8024, but my accelerometer axis are flipped, when a move in the x axis it move as a y axis...

Already try modify build.prop like:
sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1

but no changes..... anyone has the same problem ?

Thanx

Scirocco

Feb 1, 2012
Is there any way to move the status bar to the top of the screen? Didn't seem to be an option in UOT when I looked.

Thanks.

Scirocco

Feb 1, 2012
Hi, I'm testing the v1.3 on a Kyros 8024, but my accelerometer axis are flipped, when a move in the x axis it move as a y axis...

Already try modify build.prop like:
sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=1
sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1

but no changes..... anyone has the same problem ?

Thanx

I remember a menu in the settings to adjust the accelerometer to the "old" method. Might want to try that. Sorry I can't be more specific, don't have the unit with me at the moment.

I had some strange problems with screen orientation after installing with a class 2 SD card. Ensure the sd card you are using is between class 4 and class 10.

ruisantos

Feb 6, 2012
I remember a menu in the settings to adjust the accelerometer to the "old" method. Might want to try that. Sorry I can't be more specific, don't have the unit with me at the moment.

I had some strange problems with screen orientation after installing with a class 2 SD card. Ensure the sd card you are using is between class 4 and class 10.

Ouch !!! Now I find it... Advanced Settings - Gravity Sensor Mode ....

kkkkk Sorry and Thanx :)