CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Armoredraven

Jul 3, 2011
Sorry to bump this, but I just got back to my COBY 7024 and recently installed this CFW. First of all, it's a really nice update and I'm really liking everything.

Only thing as of now is trying to get the market to work. This firmware was made a bit back and the market updates to Google Play on start. When I use the market to try to download an app, I get an error saying that the download could not be completed (Error 921). I tried clearing google play cache, etc. but same error. Just wondering if anyone has a fix or any ideas for me.

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks :)

EDIT: Problem seems to have fixed itself.. Not exactly sure what I did for future reference, but i noticed it was fixed after I manually installed a dropbox apk... go figure

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry to bump this, but I just got back to my COBY 7024 and recently installed this CFW. First of all, it's a really nice update and I'm really liking everything.

Only thing as of now is trying to get the market to work. This firmware was made a bit back and the market updates to Google Play on start. When I use the market to try to download an app, I get an error saying that the download could not be completed (Error 921). I tried clearing google play cache, etc. but same error. Just wondering if anyone has a fix or any ideas for me.

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks :)

hey the latest update is in here:
FlashMyAndroid • View topic - [ROM] Alldro2 1.4 for Coby Kyros MID7024 UPDATED 03/05/12

Mr.CaptED

Dec 13, 2011
Hi to All....

Looking for anyone who is willing to explain the "ROM Config" by Steev..

I know it is a Windows stand alone in Version 14... and it writes a ROM.inf

When I installed this version I did not change anything account not know what it is...

So PLEASE explain in Simple terms ... Things like..

Size_Cache... Cache to what... ?
Size_RootFS... What is it ?
Size_Data.... What kind of data...

NOW ... the newest versions of Alldros2 handles NTFS << means handles Windows Harddrive??

the PS3 Gamepad ... I am assuming a game must be installed first... does it specifically have to be by PlayStation 3 to work
or will any gamepad work... ??
Name a free game that I can try this with ....

Anyone tried "Link2SD" instead of the "App2SD"

Thanks to anyone replying ....
Ed

tablan2k

Apr 9, 2012
at last, my tablet is now a gingerbread capable. Thank you for this thread and the files for the firmware. I though I brick my tablet by trying upgrading it to 2.3,because it does not continue after booting.I just keep on trying experiment. Until I succeed. Thank you once again :) cheers. I able to use video calling both in skype and YM.

yikzu

Apr 12, 2011
Hi, I have this ROM installed with the latest updates and I've had my kyros 7024 4 a year now... all of a sudden it doesn't recognize usb devices but it does connect to my pc... same thing happened a couple of weeks ago to my gf's kyros...

Help please! Has it happened to you?
Ideas why?

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
I had relegated my Kyros 7024 to a tech scrap heap in my garage. I had updated it earlier this year when I found out about Coby's firmware release. Of course I hadn't backed up my apps or anything. DOH! Anyway, I couldn't get some of the same apps to work as I did before (Market, Netflix, etc) so I just didn't want to even bother with it anymore. I started visiting local stores over the last month or so looking at tablets with ICS 4.0. Either the tablet didn't have HDMI out or a MicroSD slot or I just didn't want to spend THAT much money, etc.

I decided to visit this forum again and look at real user experiences of these different tablets I'd been considering. While I was here I decided to check in on the Coby forum. I'm glad I did. I installed Alldro2 1.3 and WOW! I'm impressed. First, I'm impressed my 7024 actually charged. Second, as others have already stated, it's like I'm using a different tablet. I haven't tried bluetooth yet or tested whether the HDMI out works properly or not or tried to connect it to my PC, but so far most everything else seems to work great (the tilt feature doesn't seem to work in games and I did have to install a different file manager in order to view files on my MicroSDHC card, but that's about the most trouble I've had). It's awesome. Saved me a few hundred dollars for now. Thanks to all who contributed to this ROM. Now if I can only get up the nerve to pop it open and install a larger SD card.:)

kyros7024

Sep 6, 2012
I just acquired a Coby Kyros 7024. I flashed this firmware and it works great. The only problem is I want to play a game that is based off the Device ID. It says my device is already registered. Is the device ID somewhere in the firmware? How can I change it? Thanks!

Edit: I found an app to display the device id. It is 000000000000000. Im going to guess that anyone using this firmware has the same id.

Last edited:

Skallabrak

Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

My Kyros mid7024 is stuck on the Kyros by coby screen after loading alldro2 1.4, I think it might be because I extracted the files to the INTERNAL sd card. What can I do, PLEASE help me.

Thank you