CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Its not really a problem but by design. But you can change it.

Go to wifi setting -> (press menu softbutton)advance -> wifi sleep policy(choose from 3 setting). You can set your wifi to stay on even if you turn off the screen.

I use that setting when I'm using torrent

Sent from my COBY KYROS 7024 using Android Tablet Forum

That's easier than what I said :p Thanks.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I have only 488mb available space for apps, using this ROM. Can you tell me why?

Please post the log.txt that gets created on your sdcard after install.

edit:
Really sorry for the delayed response
Files of FW i copyed to internal microSD 8gb. I jast cant get update from ext card, so i have to update from inner microSD. Dont know why...
All other works fine.

Updating from the internal sd probably won't work correctly.
All data on the internal sd is erased during install.

Make sure your external sd is formatted FAT32 and not NTFS or something else.

Last edited:

skylizzard

Oct 9, 2011
Please post the log.txt that gets created on your sdcard after install.

I can not find this file. I think it was erased when i reset setings... i dont know...

Updating from the internal sd probably won't work.
All data on the internal sd is erased during install.

Make sure your external sd is formatted FAT32 and not NTFS or something else.
My ext sd card always freshly formated in FAT32 before i install 2.3 ROM.
I was install many diferent firmwares. And every time i was able to establish only from inner sd.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I can not find this file. I think it was erased when i reset setings... i dont know...

If you do a Factory Reset (Settings -> Privacy) and/or SD card init (same as upgrading ROM, but with no files, then confirm with VolumeUp), then the internal data partition is formatted with 512MB again.

skylizzard

Oct 9, 2011
If you do a Factory Reset (Settings -> Privacy) and/or SD card init (same as upgrading ROM, but with no files, then confirm with VolumeUp), then the internal data partition is formatted with 512MB again.

mmm... i see now.. thanks

skylizzard

Oct 9, 2011
Why in v0.2 zip only 8 files for update but not 13? Is this normal? I need to copy these 7 files and 1 folder in root sd and just update?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Why in v0.2 zip only 8 files for update but not 13? Is this normal? I need to copy these 7 files and 1 folder in root sd and just update?

That sounds about right.

I removed some unused files in 0.2.

rain

May 5, 2011
That sounds about right.

I removed some unused files in 0.2.
share your secrets if you can. . . was it a spiffy cross reference tool like the compilers have ? or is it the old fashion method of "staring at it" till you're blue in the face and your eyes are all blood shot something fierce ? :p

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
share your secrets if you can. . . was it a spiffy cross reference tool like the compilers have ? or is it the old fashion method of "staring at it" till you're blue in the face and your eyes are all blood shot something fierce ? :p

I was inspired by lfom to remove some files needed for sd-only (no NAND) installation (u-boot-sd.bin utscript_sd, etc).
We don't need them since our Kyros has a NAND, plus my utscript.sh never supported sd-only installation anyway.

Though it is possible that some users will have a dead NAND and require support for sd-only installation.
So far nobody has reported this, but if the installer aborts with an error like "No NAND detected. Cannot continue." let me know and I'll add support for sd-only installation.

brunnomaceno

Oct 14, 2011
i tried to install a swype keyboard on my kyros with this rom, but it says that i can't install swype in a emulator o_O
whats wrong?

tufkal

Oct 18, 2011
Steev,

Can you compare this AllDro based ROM to your 1010CFW based rom? I moved from Stock to c8lean to your 1010CFW, and i was blown away. Everything works so well, I'm afraid to move up again.

Does this AllDro rom perform the same or better than the 1010CFW? Same stability and lack of bugs? Everything still works like it did? I don't want to lose how stable and useful it is.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
The last release of steev is already based on the AllDro firmware..

The 1010 base firmware have some problems (dropping wifi, i forgot the other one), but so far the AllDro firmware is really a solid almost bug free. The only thing that is good about the 1010 firmware is the UI Mod.

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
Though it is possible that some users will have a dead NAND and require support for sd-only installation.
when i read what you said about a dead NAND, it got me thinking. I have a ( i believe ) hard bricked coby. . i press power and it does zero . . this is my second time ! . but as i understand, a corrupted nand "IS" another way of saying you have a hard bricked tablet. . and its not like you can move a solder jumper on the circuit board and turn the nand off, and then be nand-less ? . all the little spider chips ( thats what i call them when they have their little legs sticking out to the side... ) have power pins, ground pins, signal, addressing, data... . i think my nand chip is troublesome. . ( two strikes against it so far )
if i go to the nand chip with my super fine tipped, pencil soldering iron and lift the power pin(s) leg . . . then i have a dead nand instead of a troublesome nand ? . then i would then need your version of alldro with no nand support. . this makes the giant leap and assumes the hardware circuit forgives the nand being there one moment and then gone the next.
hmmm, is this a stupid idea ? . who is the "king kong" of bricked tablets ? . would that be ifom ?
oh, and dead chips on a circuit board can play all nice being dead -or- they can go all zombie / frankenstein on you and draw high current. . and kill your battery life. . ( i have built computers from kits )
should i be thinking its actually a firmware - s/w timing loop ? new fireware, old h/w problem ?

Last edited: