CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Hola, hoy por fin me decidí a actualizar a 2.3 mi Coby Kyros 7024 con tu ROM! funciona perfecta!

Probé un adaptador de bluetooth externo y lo reconoce al instante, pude transferir datos desde mi celular hasta la tableta y viceversa.
Luego probé dos ratones y los reconoció sin ningún problema.
También me reconoció un pendrive de 1GB, otro de 2GB y uno de 4GB, sin problema, todos me salían en el Udisk.
Un teclado también probé y anda de lujo.
Por último conecte la tableta a mi televisor HD por el puerto HDMI y perfecto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Today finally i decided to flash my Coby Kyros 7024 with your ROM! it worked perfect!

I tested a bluetooth adapter and it works fine, i connect the tablet to my PC and to my cellphone.
I tested two different mouses and both works.
I tested a keyboard and no problem. It works.
I tested connecting to a HDTV via HDMI and it works.
I tested a 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 Gb flash drives and all appears in the udisk folder. Excellent!

By the way d4v1dz a did it with a 8 GB SD card, no problem at all.

Thank you very much steev!! Really thanks!! Muchas Gracias!! :D

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Hola, hoy por fin me decidí a actualizar a 2.3 mi Coby Kyros 7024 con tu ROM! funciona perfecta!

Probé un adaptador de bluetooth externo y lo reconoce al instante, pude transferir datos desde mi celular hasta la tableta y viceversa.
Luego probé dos ratones y los reconoció sin ningún problema.
También me reconoció un pendrive de 1GB, otro de 2GB y uno de 4GB, sin problema, todos me salían en el Udisk.
Un teclado también probé y anda de lujo.
Por último conecte la tableta a mi televisor HD por el puerto HDMI y perfecto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Today finally i decided to flash my Coby Kyros 7024 with your ROM! it worked perfect!

I tested a bluetooth adapter and it works fine, i connect the tablet to my PC and to my cellphone.
I tested two different mouses and both works.
I tested a keyboard and no problem. It works.
I tested connecting to a HDTV via HDMI and it works.
I tested a 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 Gb flash drives and all appears in the udisk folder. Excellent!

By the way d4v1dz a did it with a 8 GB SD card, no problem at all.

Thank you very much steev!! Really thanks!! Muchas Gracias!! :D

Ok thanks, So it is my tablet thats broken for no reason at all, I used to used my sd card all the time, I just took it out to use with my phone, now I try it and it doesnt detect anything. Cant wait till Steev makes it be able to do a internal boot. Also any suggestions why my sdcard slot just randomly stopped working?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
d4v1dz, here is the uscript.sh for installation from internal sd.

I removed the code that changes the partition table and the code that formats the sdcard partition.
Sadly this means you won't get 1.5GB for apps storage.

I spent all night trying to get the installer to unmount the sdcard so I could safely increase the data partition size, but I just couldn't get it to work. There's a process keeping the sdcard open and I can't kill it without killing the installer.

Attachments

• $internal_sd_installer.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 197

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Ok thanks, So it is my tablet thats broken for no reason at all, I used to used my sd card all the time, I just took it out to use with my phone, now I try it and it doesnt detect anything. Cant wait till Steev makes it be able to do a internal boot. Also any suggestions why my sdcard slot just randomly stopped working?
Just curious if you have tried more than one sdcard. Maybe your 8gb card is going bad or needs to be reformated.

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
d4v1dz, here is the uscript.sh for installation from internal sd.

I removed the code that changes the partition table and the code that formats the sdcard partition.
Sadly this means you won't get 1.5GB for apps storage.

I spent all night trying to get the installer to unmount the sdcard so I could safely increase the data partition size, but I just couldn't get it to work. There's a process keeping the sdcard open and I can't kill it without killing the installer.

Thanks so much for this, how do I still it from the internal SD? Do I need to be rooted? Please provide me with some details on how to do that because I never installed it from internally before And thanks so much for spending the time to do this for me.

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
It's basically the same, except you copy the files to your internal sd instead of the external one:

Connect your Kyros to your computer via USB and enable USB storage mode (Menu>Notifications>Copy files to USB)

unzip CFW-alldro2-0.2_stvn.zip to your Kyros

Download and unzip internal_sd_installer.zip from my previous post to your Kyros (replacing the original utscript.sh)

Eject your Kyros and turn it off

Boot your Kyros while holding the HOME button

You don't have to be rooted to do it, the x024's have an unlocked bootloader

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
THIS WORKS PERFECTLY! ITS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. My whole tablet is faster and smoother. Everything looks so nice. Thank you so much

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
A question for the experts, before I try it: if I replace the internal SD for a faster one (I remember someone said he used a class 10) will the unit perform noticeably faster, or are there other hardware limitations?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
THIS WORKS PERFECTLY! ITS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. My whole tablet is faster and smoother. Everything looks so nice. Thank you so much

well this forum have the best support for this coby tablet :p

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Quick question Does anyone elses tablet shuts off automatically afterbeing in sleep for like 30 seconds?

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
The Froyo firmware has problems with randomly shutting down in sleep mode.
I have not experienced it with any Gingerbread firmware though

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
The Froyo firmware has problems with randomly shutting down in sleep mode.
I have not experienced it with any Gingerbread firmware though

Hmmm because I'm having the problem. I shall try reinsatlling the os
Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Does someone has the coby u-boot folder from the original firmware? I need it to disable overclocking,cuz i had bad experiences with overclocked pc's without proper fans xD Thanks! :D

its boring to download 100mb just for 1 folder xD

EDIT:
AHHHH.. Forget about it, i've made a mistake (HUGE ONE) reading the first post. I will flash and update.
BTW, has anyone tested 3G conection using a phone as a modem?

See ya xD

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
AHHHH.. Forget about it, i've made a mistake (HUGE ONE) reading the first post. I will flash and update.
BTW, has anyone tested 3G conection using a phone as a modem?
sorry, my coby is currently bricked . . . but you mean 'ad hoc tethering' ? . the factory promised it would work in their latest creation . . . but never trust raymandfeng urbetter . . . who has done this lately ?
oh, i read that an un-locked mifi may be a good way to go. fwiw . . .
Amazon.com: Novatel Wireless MiFi 2372 Unlocked 3G Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot GSM For North Ame...: Electronics

Last edited: