[CFW] GingerIce 1.1 - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
[CFW] GingerIce 1.1 - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024
This is not my work but a compilation of roms from lfom (CFW-MID1024-GingerLF-V1.5) and the ICS UI from jolocotro (Ginger_Ice_v1.2).

Features
- Gingerbread 2.3
- ICS system bar
- If you use Holo launcher you have resizable and scrollable widgets.
- Root enabled
- Install custom apks during installation (see below)

Disclaimer: This custom firmware was tested in a multi-touch MID1024 and worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use. If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.

Installation

I recommend that you previously full format the microSD used for installation in FAT32 mode to make sure it is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.
1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy its contents to the root folder of the microSD: you should see a file called "u-boot.bin" in the root folder of the microSD card
3. If using an external microSD, safely eject the card from your computer and insert the card in the external slot
4. Turn tablet off
5. Turn on your tablet holding the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.

Relax and wait. Errors will be logged to screen and to a file named log.txt on the microSD. First boot will be slow, hang on!

Customizations
1. Launcher: I use holo, you will find it in the apk folder.
2. Custom apks: copy them to apk folder. Important: file names must not have any spaces! Rename the files if needed.
3. If you want to enable a patch, move the file from DISABLED_PATCHES to patches.
4. Delete or rename 0_DATA_WIPE if you want to keep your installed apps and data (not recommended if you upgrade from Froyo or V1.2 or lower).

Note that if you install from internal SD or disable "DATA WIPE" that some features may not be available after installation.
Download link: CFW-MID1024-GingerIce-V1.1 - Download - 4shared - Rudi Meylemans

Enjoy.
wink.gif

Credits: symbean, namko, steev, lubo, tlbardelljr, asure, chrulri and all those working for the good of our tablet. Jolocotro

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Hello!
I see, that I am not the only one, who still uses this tablet!
Anyways, I liked what I read here, downloaded, put on SD card, started update, then, the drama started!!!
I have flashed many many roms before and about half of em had a corrupt zimage.debug which bricked my tablet, so here it is, I flashed yours and thought this would brick mine, THANK GOD it did not, but then, I got sad!!
It got to The Steevs upgrade system mod and started everything up, it started the update, checked if I had the requirements, but then, it went to installing, erasing NAND, OK! Preparing internal SD..... STUCK!!
Over here it won't go past it and stays there for about 15 minutes and then the screen goes out, but the tab stays on, I left it on for some time, but later it shut off and i realised NOTHING had happeed, my last Android was erased and the new one hadn't installed!!!!!!!! :mad:
So, I really like yuor work and if it would allow me to install it until the end, I would gladly thank you!! PLEASE FIX THIS!! I AM IN NEED OF A NEW ANDROID DUE TO MY OLD ONE SHOWING LOW ON SPACE, BUT ICS ROM(which Vernox made) WORKS PERFECTLY, BUT THAT IS BETA AND HALF OF STUFF NO WORK, SO IF THIS WOULD WORK, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT!!
Pallipoiss13

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
Hello!
I see, that I am not the only one, who still uses this tablet!
Anyways, I liked what I read here, downloaded, put on SD card, started update, then, the drama started!!!
I have flashed many many roms before and about half of em had a corrupt zimage.debug which bricked my tablet, so here it is, I flashed yours and thought this would brick mine, THANK GOD it did not, but then, I got sad!!
It got to The Steevs upgrade system mod and started everything up, it started the update, checked if I had the requirements, but then, it went to installing, erasing NAND, OK! Preparing internal SD..... STUCK!!
Over here it won't go past it and stays there for about 15 minutes and then the screen goes out, but the tab stays on, I left it on for some time, but later it shut off and i realised NOTHING had happeed, my last Android was erased and the new one hadn't installed!!!!!!!! :mad:
So, I really like yuor work and if it would allow me to install it until the end, I would gladly thank you!! PLEASE FIX THIS!! I AM IN NEED OF A NEW ANDROID DUE TO MY OLD ONE SHOWING LOW ON SPACE, BUT ICS ROM(which Vernox made) WORKS PERFECTLY, BUT THAT IS BETA AND HALF OF STUFF NO WORK, SO IF THIS WOULD WORK, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT!!
Pallipoiss13
Pallipoiss13 did you try to install the lfom CFW-MID1024-GingerLF-V1.5? I use exactly the same installer. I flashed this many times and never got a problem. Did you try to flash a second time? Sometimes a solution is to flash the stock rom first, reboot into stock and then flash again the custom rom. Stock rom can be downloaded from here: http://www.cobyusa.com/files/software/MID1024N-android2.2.zip

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Hi!
Still no luck, tried installing from stock and from Vernox701-s ICS rom, but still no luck, now buth your rom and GingerLF Evo don't go past preparing internal sd, I think i am gonna go back to my old rom I had, if there is no fix for this found!

EDIT:
Also tried 3 other cards, still no luck and tried doing full formats and stuff, no luck! Even installing from external doesn't work!

Last edited:

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
Hi!
Still no luck, tried installing from stock and from Vernox701-s ICS rom, but still no luck, now buth your rom and GingerLF Evo don't go past preparing internal sd, I think i am gonna go back to my old rom I had, if there is no fix for this found!

EDIT:
Also tried 3 other cards, still no luck and tried doing full formats and stuff, no luck! Even installing from external doesn't work!

Is there anything in the log.txt on your sd card? Are you sure you have a mid1024?

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Yeah, I have a MID1024 with a [N] board, and btw, it is the one made in France, it is MpMan, same as you have under your name!
Log.txt contains like the process of what it did, after preparing internal sd... nothing!

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Good news!
I got this to work, it seems i needed dual sd and needed to install from external, i did this from internal all times!
Well now the good things and bad things!
To be honest, THERE ARE NO GOOD THINGS!!
This just SUCKS!
The launchers keep crashing, one can't access app drawer, others won't open and crash!
It is also slow and buggy! Also bluetooth and many other things won't work!!
Lockscreen is broken and takes about 100 tries to work!
So in the end, THIS IS ****!
Rating 3/10, FOR OTHERS, IF YOU LIKE CRAP, THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
Good news!
I got this to work, it seems i needed dual sd and needed to install from external, i did this from internal all times!
Well now the good things and bad things!
To be honest, THERE ARE NO GOOD THINGS!!
This just SUCKS!
The launchers keep crashing, one can't access app drawer, others won't open and crash!
It is also slow and buggy! Also bluetooth and many other things won't work!!
Lockscreen is broken and takes about 100 tries to work!
So in the end, THIS IS ****!
Rating 3/10, FOR OTHERS, IF YOU LIKE CRAP, THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!
I'm sorry to read this. I don"t have all these issues on my MID1024. Launcher (holo) works very well. Bluetooth and lockscreen I haven't tried. Anyway you can use other ROM is these serve you better.