[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
thanks lfrom, will try this first when I get back the tab. I am first trying if Coby will accept the "bricked" tab and claim warranty. If not, I'll try the suggested steps in the thread(s).

Nov 10, 2011
Hi !
First of all, a great thanks for the work already done !

Just installed the 1.1 and it installed like a charm, no issues during the install. However, I have a "buzing" sound whenever the wifi is ON and working (it's like if I could hear the packets, if I do important data, then the buzzing is more often than when idle). Anyone already experienced this ?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Just installed the 1.1 and it installed like a charm, no issues during the install. However, I have a "buzing" sound whenever the wifi is ON and working (it's like if I could hear the packets, if I do important data, then the buzzing is more often than when idle). Anyone already experienced this ?

You're welcome. I have only experienced something like this when I tried to use a 3G dongle and the RF signal interfered with the speakers... Mine is super quiet otherwise.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I reflashed to stock COBY ROM, but same issue... any advice ?
Note : my tablet is the MPMAN 1027 (Internet tablet*MP1027 - INTERNET TABLETS - mpman), could that change anything ? 'Cause I can't remember this noice beafore I try flashing.
I know other people that have the same tablet, is it possible to "extract" their ROM ?

If this ROM and stock Coby worked, then your probably has a tablet with the 1024n board. I don't think it would do any difference using another ROM... It is possible, I was able to create a restore firmware for tablets with the 1025_v4 board, but it needs a lot of work, time and someone to test it with the risk to brick the tablet.

Nov 10, 2011
Yep, the board is 1024n :
Code:
 [    0.000000] Kernel command line: ubi.mtd=4 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs init=/init console=ttySAC0,115200  lcd=lp101 camera=hi704 mod=5 pwmfreq= man=coby lun=2 umsmodel= umsvendor="Android UMS" umsproduct= usbvid= usbpid= camrev= utmodel=1024n i2c1freq=  codec=wm8976 codec=wm8976 pcb=cv04 bltype=n

Like I said I know other people with the same tablet, no way to extract the original ROM ? (that was 2.3 btw)

Just noticed that if I plug external speakers, I don't have any problems. the noise is a lot quieter.

editing here to avoid adding more unnecessary replies :
Yes it was hardware problem. I opened the tablet and noticed the wifi antena was runing along the speaker cable, creating interferences. I moved the antena cable to another path and attached it with some adhesive tape.
I'm sorry for the troubles to your thread :/

Thanks again for the ROM that is working great !

Last edited:

akkietakkie

Nov 12, 2011
I reflashed to stock COBY ROM, but same issue... any advice ?
Note : my tablet is the MPMAN 1027 (Internet tablet*MP1027 - INTERNET TABLETS - mpman), could that change anything ? 'Cause I can't remember this noice beafore I try flashing.
I know other people that have the same tablet, is it possible to "extract" their ROM ?

Hi, I received my MPman 3 days ago, and do experience the same WIFI- noise problem. I never flashed it though, it came with the noise. It's very anoying, this continuous "chirping" while browsing, do you think it's hardware? or software? Mine has Android 2.3 installed. This was done after the package box was constructed since it has a sticker saying Android 2.3.

Well hope someone can help, mayby a software trick or so?... Otherwise I'll have to send it back to FNAC, which i don't want to do, it a very nice tablet for the price I payed :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I think it's a hardware problem, like I said previously... Could you please start a new thread about the problem? This one isn't about this issue, and hijacking a thread isn't good to anyone... Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Success here (not using the HC theme). Installed without any problems and running like a charm for the moment :)

Thanks. I think this is the most stable and with the best performance so far, thanks to steev's mods. The only thing that may not works is 3G dongles, as I don't have one to test (I can get a ZTE MF180 for testing but it never worked and I think it's not compatible anyway).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Lfom.... talk about snappy! It works wonderfully... did have to use my own uot battery icon.....

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Lfom.... talk about snappy! It works wonderfully... did have to use my own uot battery icon.....

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lol, you don't like the included one? It has percentage, it's enough for most people. As LCD density is 160, the notification bar is very thin, so I prefer to stick with the basic... ;)