[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Hahaha! I'm a fan of the fancier ones and since this is a custom rom, might as well... and yes the bar is thin. So far everything I did previously works perfectly.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
A problem in build.prop was found that prevents video recording using the bundled camera app. To fix it, edit the file in /system as root and comment these lines (add a "#" at the beginning as shown):

Code:
#media.stagefright.enable-record=false
#media.stagefright.enable-player=false
#media.stagefright.enable-scan=false
#media.stagefright.enable-meta=false
#media.stagefright.enable-rtsp=false
#media.stagefright.enable-http=true

If you prefer to download the zipped file, extract and replace the bad build.prop, here is the download link: build.prop - Minus.com

Sorry for the trouble!

Forsaken_BA

Sep 27, 2011
there`re some way to do a backup from my files and installed programs before the update? and then restore to the new firmware?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Which is the best rom reflash? I want to put gingerbread on my stock mid1024-4g.

V1.2, only activate ad-hoc support if you need it (see instructions). But be aware that flashing a new ROM will void the tablet's warranty. I'd wait a few more days just to make sure the tablet you hot isn't defective.

joss_baumont

Nov 19, 2011
V1.2, only activate ad-hoc support if you need it (see instructions). But be aware that flashing a new ROM will void the tablet's warranty. I'd wait a few more days just to make sure the tablet you hot isn't defective.

You mean that it's not possible to use ad-hoc wifi tethering with the standard ROM configuration? Is it possible to add ad-hoc support without reflashing the firmware ? Thank you in advance !

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You mean that it's not possible to use ad-hoc wifi tethering with the standard ROM configuration? Is it possible to add ad-hoc support without reflashing the firmware ? Thank you in advance !

Stock Froyo? You can add support editing a text file (root needed if I remember correctly), but it has side effects. Please see other threads about this. There is also a modded wpa_supplicant for Froyo, it may work with Kyros tablets, but I can't confirm it yet, also please see other threads.

joss_baumont

Nov 19, 2011
Stock Froyo? You can add support editing a text file (root needed if I remember correctly), but it has side effects. Please see other threads about this. There is also a modded wpa_supplicant for Froyo, it may work with Kyros tablets, but I can't confirm it yet, also please see other threads.

Sorry, I was not clear : I was talking about your Gingerbread Custom Firmware V1.2 (the one I use). If I didn't move the patch in the correct folder before the installation of the ROM, is there a way to add ad-hoc wifi support without reflashing ? Thanks !

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry, I was not clear : I was talking about your Gingerbread Custom Firmware V1.2 (the one I use). If I didn't move the patch in the correct folder before the installation of the ROM, is there a way to add ad-hoc wifi support without reflashing ? Thanks !

Yes, there is. Untar the tarball from the root folder as root or unpack ir on sdcard then use a file manager with root privileges to replace the system files, then reboot.

dejocker

Nov 21, 2011
awesome! congrats! and thanks for the hard work... i am new at the forum and at the android world, recently i got a CKmid1024 and searching in spanish forums, because im from Uruguay i found a tutorial about updating or upgrading the SO from froyo to gingerbread but it only works on 8024, that! i found out later after my tablet stopped responding when it turned off, it was like a broken screen with nothing on it just grey stripes falling down , i freaked out and downloaded the firmware from cobyusa, now it works well, and as i'm learning i'd like you to advice me about what rom to try because i'm specially interested on the videocall posibility, i want to use the google+ hangouts, obviously i want the whole package but... which of the roms you advice me to try?...

thank you a lot and as I said I'm new on the android world, but in anything i could help i will be glad of being of help!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It wasn't clear why your tabblet bricked... Did you install a firmware for 8024 and your tablet is a 1024 model?

First, make sure what model you have. If you have a MID1024, you have to verify what board it has (see initial post for more info). If it's a 1024n then any Gingerbread version should give you video calling. It was tested on Skype, not sure if Google+ hangouts work in 1024 tho.