[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

dejocker

Nov 21, 2011
It wasn't clear why your tabblet bricked... Did you install a firmware for 8024 and your tablet is a 1024 model?

First, make sure what model you have. If you have a MID1024, you have to verify what board it has (see initial post for more info). If it's a 1024n then any Gingerbread version should give you video calling. It was tested on Skype, not sure if Google+ hangouts work in 1024 tho.

yeah exactly, but i didn't know, actually in the thread it says that works with 7024, 8024 and 1024, i recall im new at this so... but anyway luckily I could recover my tablet, I guess that if the 1024 firmware worked on my tablet should be the right, so I guess I got a 1024 model... thanks for the answer i will try one of these roms and then let you know... again, thanks

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Not sure if it is me but i've noticed the wifi does not. Work as well at it did on version 1 for me. It seems slower to connect after waking. It also hangs alot when using tapatalk and the androidtablets forum app. Lots of having to hit the back button then force it to connect.

Anyone else?

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
finally got my Kyros 1024 back from Warranty Claim....good thing the technicians did not see the reason why the Kyros was bricked in the first place........I am now very afraid to install any CFW's as the same thing might happen and Coby might no longer honor any warranty claims.......tsk..tsk...tsk....will wait until warranty runs out before again experimenting on the Kyros. I hope Coby releases a firmware update to enable MArket and other stuff "rooted" users enjoy.. :(

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
finally got my Kyros 1024 back from Warranty Claim....good thing the technicians did not see the reason why the Kyros was bricked in the first place........I am now very afraid to install any CFW's as the same thing might happen and Coby might no longer honor any warranty claims.......tsk..tsk...tsk....will wait until warranty runs out before again experimenting on the Kyros. I hope Coby releases a firmware update to enable MArket and other stuff "rooted" users enjoy.. :(

Unless you have 1025v4_board inside of your tablet, you should not have problems flashing any of the new roms. But its understandable to be cautious.

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
Unless you have 1025v4_board inside of your tablet, you should not have problems flashing any of the new roms. But its understandable to be cautious.

I have a 1024_n board...i tried it once and bricked my tab..anyone in Manila can help me install v1.2?

luwe

Jul 21, 2011
I've installed this firmware and it works great except for one thing. My battery level continually shows 100%. Anyone else getting this?

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Mine does that after coming off the charger but after using it a while it goes down. U may want to calibrate your battery

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've installed this firmware and it works great except for one thing. My battery level continually shows 100%. Anyone else getting this?

It's normal after you install a new ROM, it will eventually get down, and it gets better after a few charges.

felipedsmendes

Nov 27, 2011
Hi, ive bought my first coby 1024, with 1024n motherboard on friday, and updated with this CFW, but i cant do two things, i hope that is my mistake,

First of all,
im from brazil, and i use 3g from Claro.
My 3g modem is a Huawei e1553 with last update and unlocked.
Ive done everything right
Usb mode = host mode
Waited till the blue light blink on modem, then created apn configurations;
Device WCDMA HUAWEI E180 E261 E220 E1750 E156G
APN bandalarga.claro.com.br
User claro
Pass claro

When i try to connect it says; "3g modem ready, connecting..." but is all, after that i see my apn connection going to disconnect.

And my second problem is...

i cant get any pendrive works on it, i tried 3 different types sandisk 4gb, kingston 16 gb, markvision 2 gb... and i cant see nothing on es explorer on udisk directory its empty.

and my pen drive flash light do no even blink... so i think that isnt enough power going to pen drive....

so im new on tablets and a have 3 days of learning from this website and a need to know if my usb port is ok or if am i doing something stupid.

plz help me guys...

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe you modem isn't supported? Did you try installing the "3g_outlay" patch as explained (copy the .tgz file to the patches folder before installing the firmware)?

Regarding the thimb drive, it doesn't work with all models. Also, it only works if the drive is formatted in FAT32 mode (NTFS doesn't work).

felipedsmendes

Nov 27, 2011
Maybe you modem isn't supported? Did you try installing the "3g_outlay" patch as explained (copy the .tgz file to the patches folder before installing the firmware)?

Regarding the thimb drive, it doesn't work with all models. Also, it only works if the drive is formatted in FAT32 mode (NTFS doesn't work).

About the modem ill try to reinstall the firmware with 3g_outlay... ill give it a try...

but about the pendrive, it isnt even recognize, i have two pen drivers here..on sandisk 4gb fat32 and a dt100 kingston also with 4gb and fat32....and the kingston flash light isnt blinking could it be a signal of a problem?

by the way im using the v1.2 release

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have a Sandisk 4GB that doesn't work either, while a Kingston DT101 G2 8GB and a Multilaser 8GB work just fine...

felipedsmendes

Nov 27, 2011
it didnt work, i reinstalled the firmware and i got the same error....it saiys connecting....but after that i get a disconnected....and the modem stays as it was connected.. with de continuous blue light...

this modem is compatible cuz i in brazilian forum every body uses it...

look youtube.com/watch?v=RE2jIf9nXwU

ill test the pendrive now.

Last edited: