[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Not yet.

He doesn't seem to be very active on slatedroid. Might get a faster response here:

Google Translate

He replied my PM: it's OK, no problem. :)

I've just used UOT Kitchen to mod the notification bar a little (better matching icons), V1.3 should be out soon. I am doing the final tests...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
V1.3 (Mr.Big) released! See first page.

Enjoy. ;)

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
Is there a way to change the settings of the "browser, menu, back and search" buttons. I love everything about this tablet, especially now that I have your awesome rom, but those buttons get on my last nerve because I'm always accidentally hitting those buttons and messing everything up. What I want to do is make it so that they don't register the very instant they are touched, to basically put a time out on them like other android phones do. Is there a way to do this or am I out of luck?

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
Wow version 1.3 released......kOOl. I really wanted to install this but the last time I Did (version 1.1) my Tab got bricked. flxrms offered to help me but due to time constraints, am not yet able to.

@flxrms, I'll take your deal but have to schedule this. Thanks for your generous offer and I;ll just send you a PM hoping you are also available in the near future.

to all the Devs...thanks much for the effort in cooking the ROMS! KUDOS !

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Is there a way to change the settings of the "browser, menu, back and search" buttons. I love everything about this tablet, especially now that I have your awesome rom, but those buttons get on my last nerve because I'm always accidentally hitting those buttons and messing everything up. What I want to do is make it so that they don't register the very instant they are touched, to basically put a time out on them like other android phones do. Is there a way to do this or am I out of luck?

I know you can disable them permanently by editing the files in /system/usr/keylayout. Where did you find the procedure to add a timeout? If it works, I may add it to the next version or even create a patch. Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Around 200 apks installed total, a few moved to SD and boot time is around 2min. Sweet!

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
nice.. Ill be loading it this morning.

also, there has been a script around here that can be used to disable the browser and search buttons if you dont feel comfortable in editing the files LFOM spoke about.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I tried to include steev's script to disable touch buttons, but the python download package was broken somehow... I may look into it later and include in next version as well. My biggest problem is B, but I can live with it after disabling the browser in Quick Launch as explained in the tips (see first page). That's why I didn't fix the voice settings. ;)

Also it seems that syncing is working fine after disabling net.tcp optimizations. Just make sure you have some free space on your system partition (2MB+ depending on usage, YMMV).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
LFom, Yea, Python wont work if you restore it from Titanium backup. I always have to delete the packages and reinstall them. both are evil for me so I choose to kill them right off the bat.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Looks Good LF. I am going to try my hand at the honeycomb themeing a bit better this time. so far, the app drawer looks really good and performs like the galaxy tab we have here at the office with HC on it. ive got to restore all my apps and such to test it out more. and yes, I have tweaked it like I usually do.

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
I know you can disable them permanently by editing the files in /system/usr/keylayout. Where did you find the procedure to add a timeout? If it works, I may add it to the next version or even create a patch. Thanks.

I dont want to disable them, what i was asking if i could somehow add a time out to them. Oh well then lol, keep up the great work :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@shing: but you wrote you saw this for phones, right? Where?