[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
The build.prop and app data clear actually fixed the market access problem. Still getting "device not supported" on hulu+ app.

Thanks lfom.

If i find a solution I will post. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
The build.prop and app data clear actually fixed the market access problem. Still getting "device not supported" on hulu+ app.

Thanks lfom.

If i find a solution I will post. Anyone else seeing this issue?

No problem. Did you try changing LCD density too? I would test it, but last time I tried to use Hulu it was blocked in Brasil... :(

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
Hey lfom I was wondering how to get the Honeycomb theme. I couldnt understand what exactly you meant, maybe you could tell me step by step. Also before you told me that its possible to disable the touch sensitive buttons on the right side of the device, how exactly do i do that?

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
I have the app already installed. The unsupported device message happens when the app opens (I have the hulu+ apk on my desktop). I did try the lcd density change as well with no luck.

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
If there was a way to fake the visio footprint on it....or the Kindle fire. those are listed as supported devices. have you tried changing the resolution to 220 or 240?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hey lfom I was wondering how to get the Honeycomb theme. I couldnt understand what exactly you meant, maybe you could tell me step by step. Also before you told me that its possible to disable the touch sensitive buttons on the right side of the device, how exactly do i do that?

Sorry, you replied with no quote, so I don't remember what you mean... If you have installed the firmware with stock launcher and now what the HC one, then you may be able to do it using adb or a file manager with root activated in order to replace the files in /system on your tablet. abd is easier, and it will follow the directory tree so you don't have to replace one by one (it will probably cause a system FC loop).

Regarding the buttons, I usually simply disable the browser key in Quick Launch (see tips on first page). If you want to disable them all, you probably can do it renaming (or editing) the files in /system/usr/keylayout.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have the app already installed. The unsupported device message happens when the app opens (I have the hulu+ apk on my desktop). I did try the lcd density change as well with no luck.

Maybe you were using an older version that didn't check the device? Either this or hulu started to block some devices. I suggest that you look around for "hacks" to enable this like they did with Netflix (old app with update disabled that doesn't do a device check). Or, if it works, simply change the machine fingerprint as Pickupman66 suggested.

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
If you have installed the firmware with stock launcher and now what the HC one, then you may be able to do it using adb or a file manager with root activated in order to replace the files in /system on your tablet. abd is easier, and it will follow the directory tree so you don't have to replace one by one (it will probably cause a system FC loop).

Yest thats what i did, I installed the version 1.3 and I want the honeycomb launcher. But what files do I need to place in /system ? Is it the ones from Symbeam. I downloaded those, extracted the rar, and placed all of it in the /system folder and now my tablet will not turn on. Can you please be more clear on how to do this. I read your entire post twice from top to bottom and I still dont understand

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
In GingerLG V1.3, there is a folder called honeycomb, you have to copy these files to your tablet, replacing the ones already on it.

diotto

Sep 28, 2011
Hi, i am using GingerLF (since v1.0) and it's great. Thanks for the great rom lfom!!!!!
The only thing i can't get to work is HDMI. First time i connect HDMI cable the image appears on TV but hard buttons (Search, Back, Menu and ) and touch stops. If i remove cable and connect again it does not show video anymore. After removing cable touch starts to work again but hard buttons simply die. I have to restart tablet to make then work again.
Do someone have HDMI on v1.3 working?