[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I'm booting up for the 5th time. Boot time is still 1:31:10. Feels like a long time to boot. Thoughts?

Stock or HC launcher? I am having long boots with stock too. I've read somewhere else that some installed apps can cause this. Looking at my dmesg it seems battery related tho... Something like a calibration, maybe that's why battery performance is so good? Still investigating...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
got it up with the Honeycomb themeing.. just edited the launcher with notepad. worked like a charm. gonna take a bit of getting used to with the bottom status bar... booted pretty fast initially so Ill try it in a bit on the reboots. will post my results in a few...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
got it up with the Honeycomb themeing.. just edited the launcher with notepad. worked like a charm. gonna take a bit of getting used to with the bottom status bar... booted pretty fast initially so Ill try it in a bit on the reboots. will post my results in a few...

I got the same results in the testing phase (quick boots)... It's either app related or something with the stock launcher, I think.

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
I'm using HC launcher with bubble boot animation. Otherwise, no other customizations.

Not sure what to edit but if there is something I can post to help troubleshoot, let me know.

Thanks,

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I'm using HC launcher with bubble boot animation. Otherwise, no other customizations.

Not sure what to edit but if there is something I can post to help troubleshoot, let me know.

So HC launcher also logs. This info is enough, thanks. :)

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I edited launcher.ini with notepad++ and it worked perfectly (honeycomb ui) ....Thank you
honeycomb lockscreen? is it possible

lgranzotto

Oct 17, 2011
Just Updated mine and everything is good. One thing is not 100%, my Kyros keeps on rebooting on its own. It is very annoying and I hoped this new rom would fix it. Any thoughts?

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
my boots are super fast. all I changed from the download was the HC themeing. left everything else alone. I did have issues with Titanium backup re-installing the apps. for some reason it only shows the data of them and not the app itself listed. ended up just downloading each from the market and then restoring the data. that worked well but is a PITA. unfortunately the apps didnt work after I restored the data to them. they just FC'ed I am not a fan of the dark backgrounds on the Kyros screen so I have already replaced mine. as soon as I can get a screen shot program working (andross wont do it) ill try and get some good shots of the ROM. let me know what you want to show...

one thing I did notice is that not all apps are showing as available in the market. one i use for controlling my Reef tank is not showing up for some dumb reason.

one other thing of note is on the launcher with all the apps, the touch is off. For instance, if you dont hit your finger dead center to just below the app you want, it will activate the app above. I have done this NUMEROUS times...this only seems to happen in Landscape mode. i did NOT notice this in the first release of the CFW. I didnt time my last boot time but it is under 30 seconds.

im going to try to use the Stock launcher and galaxy tab optimized.

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
OK. I like the stock much better IMO. my first reboot was within 30 seconds. by the way, FWIW, all my flashes have been done with a 16gb card. re-installing all apps now from TB. will edit this response when I get to it.

EDIT!?: now on the stock launcher and I like the feel of it better. Wasnt really fond of the HC theming etc.. but that is a personal preference. I did get TB to put back everything this time. for angry birds (the MOST IMPORTANT BACKUP IMO) I just had manually insert the high scores and settings files into the com.rovio.angrybirds folders respectively. hate to lose all that hard work. Im gonna keep playing with the tab

Lfom, see if you can see "myMobile Reef" app in your market. since I restored it from TB, it is showing up in the market now. also I am using market 3.0.26 and it works flawlessly for just about everything as of now. Ill keep pushing it to the limits with what I do on a regular basis. it also connects very well thru my Captivate in mobile AP mode.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I edited launcher.ini with notepad++ and it worked perfectly (honeycomb ui) ....Thank you
honeycomb lockscreen? is it possible

You can add the line in init.smdkv210.rc.append to your init.smdkv210.rc, but the onlock is broken: you have to guide the lock icon to the left, instead of follow the shown path.

Just Updated mine and everything is good. One thing is not 100%, my Kyros keeps on rebooting on its own. It is very annoying and I hoped this new rom would fix it. Any thoughts?

I am sorry, but it seems that you have a defective unit. It's not rare for Kyros tablets... If it's under warranty I would request an exchange.

one thing I did notice is that not all apps are showing as available in the market. one i use for controlling my Reef tank is not showing up for some dumb reason.

one other thing of note is on the launcher with all the apps, the touch is off. For instance, if you dont hit your finger dead center to just below the app you want, it will activate the app above. I have done this NUMEROUS times...this only seems to happen in Landscape mode. i did NOT notice this in the first release of the CFW. I didnt time my last boot time but it is under 30 seconds.

.kyros and .tab build.prop versions fake a USA carrier, so Market shows you the USA Market. I can't see Picsel, for example, that is sold only in Europe (I think). If you remove (or comment out, adding a "#" to the beginning of the line) the section that fakes the carrier, maybe it helps.

Haven't noticed the problem with the digitizer. Maybe HC launcher s broken? I have modded GB stock laucher to 5x5 grid, will add it to the next version. ;)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So who is experiencing boot slowness have restored apps using Titanium Backup? I will try to do a "factory reset" to erase the data partition and see if it helps. If yes, than it's some app that is causing it. Some "push-to-talk" apps are known to cause this in Gingerbread, for example (search "gingerbread slow boot"). I don't think it's related to launcher since it seems to happen with both GB and HC.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Good news:
1. Settings -> Privacy -> Factory reset. First boot, a bit slow. Second boot, fast. Third boot, seemed even faster. Installed a couple of apps (EStrongs duo, Docs, Battery Watch), reboot, still fast. When I went to manage apps I saw a bunch of "ghost" apps, so I think boot slowness is either due to some app or Titanium Backup restore from Froyo (and I am using an old version of it, maybe latest won't be a problem). If anyone is having this problem, I suggest a factory reset using recovery: power on with home button pressed but no microSD inserted, VolumeUp to init internal SD card.

PS: after using system factory reset I got the "only power off" prompt (no more mute and airplane mode). I wasn't able to find the cause because I did a firmware restore by accident. It cured the problem tho. :p

2. $5 bluetooth dongle worked almost like a charm. Paired with computer, exchaned files. Paired with cell phone (is it possible to use PAN?). Paired with Apple keyboard but couldn't use it to type. Any directions to make it work?

I also got a ZTE MF180 stick to test 3G, results coming soon... ;)

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Is there a way to access the rest of the wallpapers I only get about 6 including the default ones.Using Honeycomb launcher havent tried GB yet

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Is there a way to access the rest of the wallpapers I only get about 6 including the default ones.Using Honeycomb launcher havent tried GB yet

AFAIK both launchers include much fewer wallpapers than stock Froyo. Probably Coby included more in a hidden place, hmmm...

Anyway, you can always use pics from Gallery (download your own) as wallpapers.