[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 2 Development' started by lfom, Oct 16, 2011.

1. lfom

lfom Senior Member Developer

Link added.

2. titoxtian

titoxtian Member

Tablet / Device:
    coby kyros 1024-4g
    please help... im very confused(i've read the entire thread...created a new one...but cant quite still understand...sorry)
    ok here it is...
    I just bought a kyros 1024-4g (pre-installed with gingerbread) and i want to install google play...(coz appslib sucks)
    ---can i use this ROM? or it depends on my board regardles if Gingerbread or Froyo?
    ---is this ROM for Froyo Only? (or for Pre-installed Gingerbread?)

In case i have installed this ROM...
    ---will it be rooted?
    ---will it have google play?

please enlighten me Thanks...

please note that as of now i am only planning to get google play (if possibe w/o root coz i dont want to lose warranty)
    but if there is no choice to add google play without rooting...i think i'll root my kyros thanks....

also besides the topic i would like to ask one thing that always bother me about android?
    ---why is it that we cant install O.S.(gingerbread,honeycomb,ICS) in our devices?
    ---shouldnt it be like computers wherein as long as we have the minimum system requirementsand the installer we can install O.S.

3. Vernox701

Vernox701 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby mid8024,Coby mid1024
    You don't have to root to side load gapps but you do need to have the correct version in order for it to work...Google Apps - RootzWiki
    Check in settings and about device to see what version of Gb you are running 2.3 2.3.3 or 2.3.5 and download the correct version..... you will probably need an app like apk installer so that you can load the individual apps from your sd card...the instructions are already posted in Coby Generation2 Technical section sticky