[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

stimpy

Oct 19, 2011
Successfully flashed in 1024n kyros with stock and reflashed with hc.

Thank you again! IT's my first android and I was bored with froyo. All methods tried to root froyo was not able to make superuserapk gain privileges of the replaced su.

Now i have other machine....

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am still investigating it and the info you've provided is very useful! Now I know what apps to test.

Possible cause: system partition gets full (no empty space).

I will take a deeper look, and hopefully the next version won´t have this problem...

Well, I wasn't able to find any specific cause to the increase in boot time with more apps installed. It seems that it increases no matter what apk you install so I guess it's a Gingerbread "feature" (at least for this version, 2.3).

I did get one very slow but, because I wiped cache and dalvik-cache (around 3min) but following boot was kinda normal again (around 1min), one more reason it happens with any app. So the very slow time may be due to use of Titanium backup to restore apps after system change (going from 2.2 to 2.3) or the small space left if system partition of my 1.0 build.

I think boot time around 1min is pretty normal, so I think it's safe to release next version. ;)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Version 1.1 released! If you like HC look, you will love it! ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Screen shots look sharp! I have not had any issues running market 3.0.26 fwiw.

I have been loving the brave one edition with the galaxy fake prop file and the ginger themes. I may flash over to the new one tomorrow.

Good job on working these up...

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

sunyata

Sep 20, 2011
LFOM-

Once again... great job. This is release is pristine. My 1024 is now doing what I hoped it would do when I bought the tablet.

Skpye Video
Netflix
and everything else works great.

Awesome job

fmnelson:
Can you please tell me where I can get the skype video and netflix that you installed? Thanks.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I downloaded mine from the google Market app...

FWIW, here are the things I have noticed in the last few days. I am Running Ginger LF v1.0 BraveOne. Used The galaxy Tab Fake with Optimize and stock launcher.

1. the wifi icon will sometimes be white or green. connected at both times.
2. the last few nights I have surfed, played and maily done forums and web stuff on my tablet. not turning the screen off for 3-4 hours I lose about 30% of the battery. The other day when I was calibrating the battery it took 3 hours to run it from 30% or so.
3. boot time is in the 45 second range for me on a regular basis. I havent noticed any extended Lag time with my boots.
4. I have had good success with market version 3.0.26. if anyone wants that APK, let me know.
5. I use Titanium backup each time to reload my apps. that said, if you backup in a Froyo version, and then restore into a GB ROM, they seem to FC. even installing new then restoring Data does the same thing. (angry birds can be restored manually by putting some files back into the right places.
6. on my device, the Honeycomb theme just dont work well in the landscape mode with all the programs listed. if you dont push straight on or just below straight, it will activate the icon above. I do not get this when running the the Stock Launcher. ONLY the Honeycomb launcher.
7. I prefer the 160 resolution. my apps seem to be more crisp, and for what I do, I have yet to run into an app I cannot download now.
8. Disabling the browser and Search buttons is a big deal to me. they are IMO un-necessary in design.

Last edited:

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
If you flash the ROM from this post (1.0 or 1.1) and keep the included Market version, both of those apps show as compatible.

However, I did try upgrading to a 3.x and got "non-compatible" messages for Netflix, Kindle and nook. so I uninstalled the upgrade and things went back to normal.

Good luck

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Last edited:

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for the market APK.

I should note that I am currently running 1.1 (I started on 1.0, but flashed a new ROM and then came back to GingerLf). So since 1.1 is resolution set at 200, that may be why I was getting the compatibility messages.

I'm still working on battery calibration, but I've been running the Battle Los Angeles movie in a loop with volume on low for 4 hours now and battery is at 55%. So yes battery life is much improved.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@Pickupman66
1. It goes green when there is data traffic, goes white otherwise (stock Laucher, always blue in HC).
2. Yes, battery autonomy is a lot better, tablet can be used for long times, it's a great improvement over Froyo.
3. I have about 80 extra apps installed now and boot time is less than 2min. It was less than 50min after installation.
4. The 2.3.6 built-in version should not prevent you to install any apps, but may not show some. If you go to 3.x, changing LCD resolution to 160 may be necessary to install some apps.
5. What Titanium version? Free or donate version? Did you try using latest version? Did it help?
6. No I get what you mean: the app drawer is very picky, you must tap exactly on the app icon or it will launch the app above... I think it a problem with Launcher, resolution independent.
7. HC icons look terrific in 200dpi, that's why I changed. Also, some apps like latest Docs version crashes in 160dpi. Anyway, you can change easily using LCD resolution app.
8. I was able to disable the B button (see Tips in OP). You may want to use steev's script but it requires an re-boot, and that's why I don't use it. My biggest grieve is with B button anyway.

@sunyata
You should be able to download them using Market. If you have updated Market to 3.x than you may need to clear Market data and then reduce LCD density to 160 (re-boot required), then use Market again. After that, I was able to go back to 200dpi and Market didn't complain about compatibility.

@fmnelson
See tip above about Market and 160dpi. It's easy if you use LCD resolution available for free in Market.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Using the free version. latest in the market as of this post. I am running at 160 resolution so that may just be the case. For my docs, I am using docs to go so that may be it as well. it works at the 160. now that I have backed up from GB, it restores perfectly fine back into GB.

I appreciate you letting me bounce stuff off you...