[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

ENCXBG1

Sep 12, 2011
The only thing I can think of now then is that the 16GB card isn't formatted in FAT32 mode... Anyway, I'm glad that you likes your new tablet. ;)

Ha Ha! Give me a little credit. Windows defaults to Fat32 when formatting this size card. The card I used that actually worked was a 1GB Fat formatted card.

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
Is anyone having problems mounting external USB thumb drive. I'm running GingerLF 1.1 and I have a 2GB USB that I connected. But nothing is happening. No "preparing drive" or any other messages. Also, I kind any mounting icons in file explorer.

Any thoughts?

Also, I'm running in to problems getting the bluetooth feature to turn on. picked up a cheap iconcepts 2.1 usb dongle, but it's not being recognized. I thought it might be the iconcepts, but since USB is not working either, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@fmnelson USB is set to host mode in settings -> advanced settings? Not all thumb drives worked in my test, my guess is that some require more power from usb than the tablet can provide. The files will appear in "/udisk".

Host mode is also required for Bluetooth. It worked fine here using a vanilla dongle with the bundled otg cable.

Last edited:

fmnelson

Oct 10, 2011
yep, host mode was the issue. Now they show as "Paired but not connected". other forums say there should be a "wrench" then to click the device paired to and they should connect. No wrench :(

I'm working through it though.

Thanks LFOM!!!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
yep, host mode was the issue. Now they show as "Paired but not connected". other forums say there should be a "wrench" then to click the device paired to and they should connect. No wrench :(

No wrench here either but I was able to pair with everything I tried so far: cell phone to exchange files, stereo headset and a keyboard (it required a free app from Market tho). What are you trying to use?

ENCXBG1

Sep 12, 2011
My internal sd card is a 16GB Sandisk and I have no problem with it.

After I mounted the ROM I was able to use the 16GB card as Ext SD without issues. It's actually the same card I have been using in the Tablet for the last several months. I don't know why it couldn't be used to install the ROM in the first place. The only reason I tried a different SD card was because both my wife and I have been having Micro SD issues lately. My EVO corrupted a card and had to be reformatted for reuse. Her EPIC just had an SD card failure with a Wintec card that could not be fixed even with a Low Level Format. Both cards are about a year old and different brands. Even never had issues with Compact flash or SD but have been having tons of corruption issues with Micro SD cards. I have nine different cards in different capacities and at one time or another they have all gotten corrupted in various devices ranging from Nintendo DSi to Digital Cameras and various Android phones. Needless to say I don't have much faith in Micro SD and have started backing up cards in my phone at regular intervals.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Interesting about he 16gb micro SD card. that is what I have been using for mine each time. I have a Sandisk Brand and never had any issues with it. I run windows 7 pro x 64. it formats cleanly each time. FWIW, the Sandisk brand has always done well for me. I use their cards in both Samsung Captivate Phones, my Kyros and my Digital Camera. Never had one corrupt.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
Today I tes bluetouth GPS reciever and it work fine :p before it work your mast instal bleuetout gps from market.
Usb hub work i test 3 device in one moment: bluetouth, flsh drive 16 gb, 3g modem.
Skypy video is working.
But 3g modem i cant disable internal CDrom or USB on it, from for it he doesn't want to work.
"Added auto use of external microSD as sdcard partition (thanks to flxrms!)" - how to sfith it back ?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
"Added auto use of external microSD as sdcard partition (thanks to flxrms!)" - how to sfith it back ?

Do you want to disable it? Edit init.smdkv210.rc in the root folder and remove (delete) the line with:

Code:
setprop au.ui.enable_auto_sd_path_env true

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Today I tes bluetouth GPS reciever and it work fine :p before it work your mast instal bleuetout gps from market.
Usb hub work i test 3 device in one moment: bluetouth, flsh drive 16 gb, 3g modem.
Skypy video is working.

Great. What 3G modem did you test? It worked perfectly?

ENCXBG1

Sep 12, 2011
Anyone else used a Voice Assistant or microphone enabled app with this ROM yet (any app that uses Google Voice Search)? I don't know if it's just this ROM or a hardware flaw but I'm getting an audible crackle through the speaker whenever the microphone widget opens and closes.