[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

sey

Mar 20, 2012
Hello! Im a new member! Thanks for this rom!

Can someone tell me why everytime i transfer some apps to sd ( using the option in settings `application>storage use`) my nand memory decreases ,my internal memory increases but my external sd remains the same 7.5 gb free.

Im sorry if this is a noob question but id like my apps to be installed at extsd

And in some occation everytime i transfer apps to sd it prompts me failed to move application even if i still have 7.5 gb free

Now my internal memory is 1.2 gb my nand memory is 1,24 MB and my external memory is still 7.13 gb

Someone please help me

Last edited:

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Hello! Im a new member! Thanks for this rom!

Can someone tell me why everytime i transfer some apps to sd ( using the option in settings `application>storage use`) my nand memory decreases ,my internal memory increases but my external sd remains the same 7.5 gb free.

Im sorry if this is a noob question but id like my apps to be installed at extsd

And in some occation everytime i transfer apps to sd it prompts me failed to move application even if i still have 7.5 gb free

Now my internal memory is 1.2 gb my nand memory is 1,24 MB and my external memory is still 7.13 gb

Someone please help me

It is because the system uses /sdcard for internal memory, which is where most apps look to install/store information. Google Link2sd

sey

Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for replying ! Everytime i start link2sd it gives me a mount script error. Managed to get an older version to work however when the game downloads additional resources( glu games or gameloft games) it still consumes either the nand memory or internal memory (i think when it prompts internal or sd card) how do i set it to the partitioned ext2 or external sd card?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
this is from my experience all of the gameloft games that ive installed are located on the internal memory card even if i use the link2sd, so thats why i rarely use games from gameloft :).

edit: but if u have guts to open your tablet (which i dont have :)), u can try to replace the internal 4gig with a higher capacity memory card. :)

Last edited:

hack_1018

Jan 27, 2012
G5 games dnt work on our tab??? Any g5 i install when i open it there a pop up error.
Anyone successfully install asphalt????

Darkhalo7

Mar 24, 2012
Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Gingerbread LV EVO v1.5 and really love it. I noticed two issues that I'm having with my Coby Kyros 1024n (which I just received from amazon.com).

1) When I press the power button from standby, the screen is frozen. When I try to hold the power button to power down, I am unable to select power down when it appears. I have to press the reset button to restart. It seems that the touch feature is diabled or turns off. Is this a launcher issue as suggested by "hctablet1024" on 2/4/12? If so, do I try to disable or delete the r.k. launcher?

2) Wi-fi shows poor signal when I'm about 4 feet from the router. My other devices show "excellent". There a way to enhance the tablets reception?

Thank for all your help. Glad to have found ya'll.

-Edit-

I just read how some other people experiencing this issue used wifi lock. I will need to try this when I get home from work.

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Gingerbread LV EVO v1.5 and really love it. I noticed two issues that I'm having with my Coby Kyros 1024n (which I just received from amazon.com).

1) When I press the power button from standby, the screen is frozen. When I try to hold the power button to power down, I am unable to select power down when it appears. I have to press the reset button to restart. It seems that the touch feature is diabled or turns off. Is this a launcher issue as suggested by "hctablet1024" on 2/4/12? If so, do I try to disable or delete the r.k. launcher?

2) Wi-fi shows poor signal when I'm about 4 feet from the router. My other devices show "excellent". There a way to enhance the tablets reception?

-Edit-

I just read how some other people experiencing this issue used wifi lock. I will need to try this when I get home from work.

on my 1024 i have no issues at all, the power button is ok also the wifi is ok also. if u dont want to re-install try to install other launcher and lockscreen and see if the problem is solved.

Darkhalo7

Mar 24, 2012
I believe I have figured it out. When I was booting my Kyros, I still had the usb wire connected to my computer at the same time. This seemed to cause my Kyros to freeze for some reason. Easy fix. My wifi connection is still weak. This thing is sweet with the GingerLF EVO on it!
Thanks guys for developing this.

pacolux

Dec 27, 2011
Hello everyone,

-Edit-

My WiFi had the same issue. Low Signal...

I finally opened the case and found a cold joint on the Coax connection to the antenna. Reflowed the joint and my low signal was resolved.

Paco

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
I´m still having problems with wi-fi in standby mode. It drains out all the batery in a cople of hours, as if it was active (I think it realy is). When I turn wi-fi off before going to blank screen (one click on the power botton), everething goes fine and the batery remains almost without no looses after many hours.
Does anybady has some tips on how to diagnose whe is the problem. I already did the reflash and nothing changed.
Thx in advance.

-- Roberto

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I´m still having problems with wi-fi in standby mode. It drains out all the batery in a cople of hours, as if it was active (I think it realy is). When I turn wi-fi off before going to blank screen (one click on the power botton), everething goes fine and the batery remains almost without no looses after many hours.
Does anybady has some tips on how to diagnose whe is the problem. I already did the reflash and nothing changed.
Thx in advance.

-- Roberto

Its been awhile since I ran this rom but if you check the build.prop and change "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120"
yours might be 90 or 60 but I usually set mine to around 120 that way its not constantly searching for a signal

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
I made the change from 90 to 120.
It seams the problem just get a litle less annoying, but still remains.
Why the wi-fi don´t just turn off when the screen goes black? Is it a bug or what?
What the configuration "when screen turns off" in advanced wi-fi setup realy means?

By the way, what rom are you running now on Coby 1024?

Thx again.

Its been awhile since I ran this rom but if you check the build.prop and change "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120"
yours might be 90 or 60 but I usually set mine to around 120 that way its not constantly searching for a signal

Apr 13, 2012
Hello All,

I have recently bought a Coby Kyros 1024n (as is on the rear of the device). I found this thread and it looked like this was the correct ROM for this tablet. I have tried putting the files on a micrSD card (6GB), loaded it into the slot (with it off), and then held down the home button and power button.
Screen came up saying "Upgrade System Activated". GREAT!
Then message came up saying no upgrade image found.

I think it has something to do with the internal memory being called the "SDcard". So, in windows, I just copied the install files (GingerLF EVO 1.5) to the root of the internal SDcard. Rebooted into upgrade mode. Everything looked like it went fine. Rebooted, and it gets past the Coby screen, and then the green "android" loading screen and sometimes it will get into the OS (which looks really cool).
However, the screen is flashing all the time, and it will continue to go in-between the android loading screen and the os (did it throughout the night).
Has anyone seen this? Is there a way to get back to stock?

I got the same problem with this guy, just that unfortunately , i can't seem to boot using the external SD card , i tried 6-7 cards and it's still the same line" Can not find any update image" . Can someone help me ? Or are there some ways to connect to the internal SD card. Thank you.

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
I got the same problem with this guy, just that unfortunately , i can't seem to boot using the external SD card , i tried 6-7 cards and it's still the same line" Can not find any update image" . Can someone help me ? Or are there some ways to connect to the internal SD card. Thank you.

u can install the cfw directly on your internal sd card. just paste the content of the cfw on your internal sdcard.