[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
LF, Looks good so far. I am going to make it a point to run on the HC theming for a while. in the past I was just too hesitant to use it and stuck with the GB theming. so far this one looks slick. I did a full wipe so I gotta get everything loaded back on thru TB then I can test it. I really like the way the brightness, wifi and sound are handled now. that is WONDERFUL!!!!

one question. I want to remove Aldiko and the Portuguese keyboard. TB wont let me as it says it is a system app.

For whatever reason, tb pro wouldn't let me remove system apps, either. I used rom toolbox instead. I'm not sure if the feature is in the free version as I have rom toolbox pro.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

Root Uninstaller, and Optimize Toolbox are good for removing system apps a s well.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I've noticed when going back to launcher home screen the apps are shifted over and I have to move the home screen.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No need to remove those apps, they are in the Vendor file system, so they don't use internal space used by installed user apks.

How to disable B button shortcut (Quick Launch): use TB or Link2SD or any other utility to freeze Browser.apk.

Last edited:

manum

Jan 5, 2012
Thank you lfom for this xmas gift. I have installed on a mpman 1027
this is the same pad delivered in France. Your rom is nice.
Merry xmas and Happy New year

+1

To access to the french apps in the market (like freebox mobile) I've install before all the apps "market enabeler" from here, and use the code 20814 (freemobile) and then, without close this apps, opened the market for the first time. Now without run this apps, I can use specific French apps from the market.

[translation in french : pour avoir accès aux applications androïd spécial marché français, il faut installer market enebeler et utiliser par exemple le code free mobile 20814 et garder cette application allumé pour le premier lancement du market, vous serrez alors enregistré non plus comme utilisateur T-mobile, mais free mobile]

Seem's like evrything have least bug with this mod that with the original OS (2.2 for me).
Great thanks for the job (and a special tank's for the brightness control).

Last edited:

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
WOOT!!. I just installed my 32GB and 16GB microSD card on my 1024N and tried installing EVO. Both worked perfect. Both installed quickly and without issue. I ended up using my 16GB because it is class 6 and my 32 is class 4. So Cool.

rafael_sg1

Nov 30, 2011
I'm sorry, noob here. What do you mean by "It is recommended that you run fix_permissions using Terminal Emulator as root or adb at least once after installing the new version. "?How exactly do I do that?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I'm sorry, noob here. What do you mean by "It is recommended that you run fix_permissions using Terminal Emulator as root or adb at least once after installing the new version. "?How exactly do I do that?

Simply open Terminal Emulator (it's included) and run the command. It's optional tho.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
glad its optional. ive never done it. LOL!

Hey LFOM, get this. I now have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to use for a daily driver so I can really test on the Kyros!

lionelannie

Dec 24, 2011
Hi Lfom,

Problems with G5 games: paranormal agency,mahjong artifacts,spécial agency détail,crash for the 3 apps

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi Lfom,

Problems with G5 games: paranormal agency,mahjong artifacts,spécial agency détail,crash for the 3 apps

Which ROM are you using? You signature says it's another version, so I can't help...

For V1.5 EVO, my experience with Glu games is that some require a lot of free memory, so I simply run FMR before starting the game.

JonesLegacy

Oct 4, 2011
So the 1.5V is latest and greatest out there? I just downloaded it last night. It is very nice. How do you het the dancing Android on the load up screen?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum