[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

hctablet1024

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

I'm running version 1.5 and am having a hard time finding the apps that drain the battery while the tablet is hibernating. Battery Indicatro Pro shows battery use for "Android System" at 88% with Wi-Fi being second at 8%.

I've been trying to find the app or error with Android System Info too.

Solved: Shutting off the wifi solves the problem.

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Ok, Thx for the info. I installed the APK and see that my display is 8-touch.
Now I will try to get some info about how do a entire system backup, for the case something goes wrong or just to restore to factory state if a want to.

Is there a way to boot from ubuntu (or other linux) from external SD, with a USB keyborad atached, and make a full image (dd or something close to it) of the internal SD for future restore?
Where can I get info about the startup/boot procedure?

Thx again (this forum is realy helpfull).

-- Roberto

actually i am looking also for the back up boot image of the original 2.3 for coby 1024 for future use but as of now no luck, i dont know if it has something to do with the clockwork recovery mode but from what i read there is no clockwork recovery mode for 1024,maybe there is another way, but i dont know it yet, in the meantime im loving this CFW. :)

im just waiting for lfom on his honeycomb cfw, he said that he is currently working on it.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong, but Coby never released an official 2.3 for the devices. the 2.3 that we use came from an alldro2 port.

and no, there isnt much on CWM or this device. only the stock recovery so far. at least for the 1024.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
yup coby never release an official 2.3 for 1024, but our coby came up with a pre installed 2.3 when i buy it. so just like brunori said if there is a way to back up the original 2.3 OS of the coby.

JonesLegacy

Oct 4, 2011
Am not sure on that. My kids MID1024-4G came with 2.2, now my GF kid tablet is a MID1125 his came with 2.3. Now my question to all is, can I run the 1.5v evo on the 2.3 if the coby came pre installed?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
On the 1125? No you can't run evo. You have different processor. You risk bricking your tablet if you do. Also I was referring to the mid1024-4g models. They shipped with froyo and that is all that had been released.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Anybody else getting page not found when trying to download? I borked my image, and for some reason the file isn't on my PC anymore. Was minus part of the megaupload hit?

Last edited:

Jef

Jan 22, 2012
Good day. Has anyone tried to play a 720p video? Has anyone have a problem of laggy playback? I tried different players from the Market like Vplayer, MX Video Player, Diceplayer, and others but all of them lag. I tried both software and hardware decoding and both lags. I also tried changing the HDMI settings in the Settings>Display to 720p, but the playback still lags. I even tried changing the LCD resolution to a lower value. Anyone knows how? Thanks.

adiehl777

Dec 1, 2011
MX is my player of choice. I can play HD avi's over my LAN using esfile explorer, no lag at all.

Sent from my Coby Kyros MID1024 running GingerLF.

Jef

Jan 22, 2012
^^ Really? What settings are you using? Mine skips and lags with MX no matter what I do.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Battery drain - check your "WiFi Sleep policy" (type Menu on WiFi Settings and choose advanced, or download WiFi Buddy), set it to "Never when charging" (or something like that), or use Airplane mode when not using it. Setting it to Never will keep you connected all the time, but battery will drain faster, of course.

HD Video - if you have tried SW decoding and it still lags, probably your SD (or the source of the video ) is too slow or the video was encoded with a bitrate value that's too high.

MID1125 - you can only install V1.5 EVO on MID1024 tablets with the 1024n board. Don't try to install it on any other tablet model/brand.

Factory 2.3 - AFAIK all MID1024-4GB tablets that are being sold in emergent markets like Brasil or Philippines were upgraded by the seller using GingerLF. There is no official 2.3 for this model. European clones like MPMan may have 2.3 pre-installed tho.

bong567

Jan 24, 2012
I just registered to thank LFOM for this wonderful gift. I was set to sell 1024 because it was frustrating to use until i've upgraded to the new firmware. It took me about 3 months to upgrade because I cant verify the board version I'm using. Finally a pleasant surprise to be able to use efficient tablet ie faster and works all the time. Good work LFOM!