[CFW] Kyros 1024 CFW - Evolution 3.1.1

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Thank you dutorito. By the way, I dont know what is happening but the middle button (home) is working the same manner of 'back' button! Is this a problem with my flash? Because both the original and flom rom acts the home button as home button... I have tried some keymappers to work around but no success.. any tip?

How is going with the Cyanogenmod attempts?

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
im still trying cm7, got it to work but touch is full bugged... about the home button, its fixed at the new version, the link is at first page... ty for report!

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Ok, downloading, but... the link is a bit wrong with that Orkut mixed thing, it fails. Have to copy only the 4shared [damn slow!] part of it... thx dude!

Last edited:

photofx

Nov 25, 2011
1st post greetings, :)

I purchased the "Sansui LifePad" model ETAB1000 with GB 2.3 preinstalled (Sold with a 3G dongle Vodacom bundle here in South Africa). After much searching I discovered it is in fact a relabelled Coby Kyros 1024N . There are a couple issues after running this CFW EVE 3.1.1.

For the most part, sweet, all seems to be operating great though I have not tested extensively.

Issues:
1. I seem to have lost my 3G device from the list (Huawei - K3770) so I can't connect with 3G. Any ideas how I can reinstate that?
2. When it goes into sleep mode or if I let it alone so it switches off or if I push power button so it sleeps - then when pushing either the power or home button the unlock screen shows up but touch screen is not working, I have to reboot to gain access again.
3. There is a crackle coming from the left speaker (seems to be while downloading or disc activity) where it did not exist before.
4. It takes longer to boot up.
5. When on the unlock screen it is in landscape mode and after unlocking it switches to portrait without having moved the tablet.

rafael_sg1

Nov 30, 2011
Hi guys, I've been experiencing the following problem in my Coby Kyros 1024: when I use it for about 30 to 40 minutes, it locks up (hard freeze or lost touchscreen feature) for 2-5 seconds, and then shuts down by itself, and I have to reboot the system.
I installed this ROM in it, it worked great, but I keep having the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix it?

revertex

Dec 24, 2011
@dutorito: I just did an account to thank you. I tried almost all roms that i can find, gingerlf v1.0 to 1.5 (didn't found 1.4) slatedroid's tsunami and yous. At the end, I've found yous the one that best suit my needs, pretty fast and solid, thank you.

lionelannie

Dec 24, 2011
Hi
I have installed your rom on a mpman 1027 it's the same pad delivered in France
nice rom guy thank you for this gift; i test and send feedback

XsceneX

Feb 9, 2012
Hey! thanks a lot for your work! just a question, Ijust recive my 1024n tablet and want to know before do anything if I must root the tablet and after that make the whole procedure that u describe? or if its not neccesary to root it! Sorry for my poor english! i´ll be waiting for any help! thanks again!

avaloop

Jan 7, 2012
Guys i installed andriod 2.3.3 from your link/ everything works great but now i can't unlock my tablet - sensor dosn't work.... during turn on unlock -works but after i work with tablet than push power button i can't unlock my tablet - sencor dosn't work at all... help please my tablet Coby Kyros MID 1024N

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Guys i installed andriod 2.3.3 from your link/ everything works great but now i can't unlock my tablet - sensor dosn't work.... during turn on unlock -works but after i work with tablet than push power button i can't unlock my tablet - sencor dosn't work at all... help please my tablet Coby Kyros MID 1024N

try to reinstall the firmware, or u can download apps to replace your unlock screen.

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
Every time i try to flash this rom, it always fails at "Installing Launcher : Launcher launc not found". Afterwords the tablet will not boot. Any ideas whats wrong there? I downloaded the .zip 3 times and used 2 different sd cards, but the problem always arises again.

jippie812001

Apr 9, 2012
ok, i will post some screens this weekend,

bluetooth, hdmi, gps and 3g are tested... they need external devices to work, since kyros dont have internal 3g, bluetooth or gps..
still need to test joystick support... i can try a honeycomb ui like rom later, if u guys really want that...[/QUO

Hey i found your rom very stable. and i've been using ito since then. With that i want to thank You @dutorito. The only thing is the honeycomb UI seemed very appealing. If there a way to combine this fw and the honeycomb UI launcher of GIngerlf v1.5 that would be the perfect gingerbread CFW

I was hoping you would still try the honeycomb ui in this fw. I tried installing this but replacing the launcher folders with the Honeycomb launcher from LF 1.5. It just went on a loop. heheh. anybody wiht any suggestions please! thanks guys everyone here is great!

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
ok, i will post some screens this weekend,

bluetooth, hdmi, gps and 3g are tested... they need external devices to work, since kyros dont have internal 3g, bluetooth or gps..
still need to test joystick support... i can try a honeycomb ui like rom later, if u guys really want that...[/QUO

Hey i found your rom very stable. and i've been using ito since then. With that i want to thank You @dutorito. The only thing is the honeycomb UI seemed very appealing. If there a way to combine this fw and the honeycomb UI launcher of GIngerlf v1.5 that would be the perfect gingerbread CFW

I was hoping you would still try the honeycomb ui in this fw. I tried installing this but replacing the launcher folders with the Honeycomb launcher from LF 1.5. It just went on a loop. heheh. anybody wiht any suggestions please! thanks guys everyone here is great!

You can pull the launcher from 1.5 and put it in the /system/app folder using ADB
Code:
adb push Launcher3.0.aok /system/app
adb shell chmod 777 /system/app/Launcher3.0.apk

I added this launcher to my Supernova. Remember the launcher name is case sensitive.

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
I´m having the same unlock screen issue here.
Reinstaling did not work.
Any sugestions about which app can be instaled to solve this?
Thx.

-- Roberto

try to reinstall the firmware, or u can download apps to replace your unlock screen.

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
How do you use the different sized microsd card selections in the MBR folder before install?
How do you choose and select the different launchers before install.

Great CFW. thanks to all who worked on development!