CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

djmejay

Dec 28, 2011
Look to the manual and see if there is a reset button if not go to a store like radio shack to get it fixed

Sent from my T301 using Android Tablet Forum

ssakru

Dec 31, 2011
Hello I am new to this forum and I read this entire thread on how to install the Nefarious-Bread to my Coby 8024. I tried to install using the steps that I read in the thread, but no luck. I am running the stock ROM, 2.2 and want to update it. I downloaded the v1.0 and put the zip file on the sd card and I also tried to extract the zip file to the sd card. I then put the sd card in the device and pressed the power and home central button to access the system upgrade process, then it says "Can not find update image. Press MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP key to init SD card, Press BACK/VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel!" When I press the volume up it key it says "start..." then "Init Internal SD card!", then "makeing partitions..." then "MMC card init successful." then "This mode end!" then "Upgrade mode2 checking end!" after that it proceeds to the System will shut down. 5,4,3,2,1. And shut down. when I restart it still has the original ROM still.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong please? I greatly appreciate all that develop and create these great Custom ROMS. And I would be interested in testing too, if I can ever get this installed on my device.

Thanks again.

ssakru

Dec 31, 2011
I retraced my steps and I ended up getting it installed on my device. It works awesome and is running great. 100 % better and will keep me entertained til the next upgrade. Thanks for the awesome ROM and I am still interested in testing for you also.

Thanks again.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Already tried all ROMs that I found ...
NEFARIUS 1.0 - 1.1.1 - 1.2
CFW-Kyros_8024_2.3

the tablet in all roms updates .. however the screen is white .. works .. but I can not see!!

there if I go back to original rom .. work got him back!

What should I do??

Which tablet are you using? is it a MID8024?

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
a little question on this fantastic question: can i use the apk "battery calibration" for calibrate my battery and try to give more life to it...?

That I'm really not sure on that, I've never tried any kind of battery calibration apps on this tablet, let alone on my rom. I'd say use at your own risk, but if you do, let me know how it goes and if it gives better results.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hey Nefirim,
I'm using V1.1. It's ok, but i want enable APN settings. I've tried editing init.smdkv210.rc without success. Any tips?

Thank you.

Sent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

When you extract the rom, under the /customer directory is the init.smdkv210.rc that you want to edit. It overrides the one in the utv210_root.tgz. Place in there this line - setprop au.ui.enable_apn true it should enable when flashed.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Sorry double post
Doesn't work :(
Stuck on coby logo
What can I do??

If it is getting stuck at the coby logo after flashing the rom, you probably need to reformat your sd card. be sure to copy off any data you want to keep before formatting or else you will lose any data on there. once its done formating, try flashing the rom again. Also what version are you trying to flash? and are you installing over the stock froyo rom?

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
As soon as i get my micro SD card ill update :D,Also ive seen ur comments on another thread and you seem to be friendly :), but can you answer me some questions? i would really aprecciate it
-do i have to use rom manager and do a flash clockworkmod recovery?
-if i need to do that, which device do i need to select?
-will this brick my tablet?
- to flash i have to format the sd card to fat32, copy the things on the card, insert it and press the home and power button??

Thanks!! :)

1. No unfortunately, rom mananger and clockworkmod recovery isn't compatible with our tablets, as the flashing process is different then what the clockworkmod is coded to do.
2. It can brick your tablet, any rom can, even just upgrading your table to an official rom can. So remember, flashing this rom is at your own risk and that your mileage may vary. I try to help where I can and when I can, but with little to no computer access at the moment, its really hard for me to be able to answer questions.
3. what you described there is the way you need to flash this rom. format the sd card in fat32, extract the zip to the root of your sd card, then insert the card, hold the power and home buttons, and the update process will start. Let it run till it automatically turns off the tablet and the flash will be complete :)

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hi
What to do when my tablet won't download some apps

Sent from my T301 using Android Tablet Forum

Depends on the app, and is it not downloading, or will it not install? are you trying to download from the Android Market, or off a website?

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hello I am new to this forum and I read this entire thread on how to install the Nefarious-Bread to my Coby 8024. I tried to install using the steps that I read in the thread, but no luck. I am running the stock ROM, 2.2 and want to update it. I downloaded the v1.0 and put the zip file on the sd card and I also tried to extract the zip file to the sd card. I then put the sd card in the device and pressed the power and home central button to access the system upgrade process, then it says "Can not find update image. Press MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP key to init SD card, Press BACK/VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel!" When I press the volume up it key it says "start..." then "Init Internal SD card!", then "makeing partitions..." then "MMC card init successful." then "This mode end!" then "Upgrade mode2 checking end!" after that it proceeds to the System will shut down. 5,4,3,2,1. And shut down. when I restart it still has the original ROM still.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong please? I greatly appreciate all that develop and create these great Custom ROMS. And I would be interested in testing too, if I can ever get this installed on my device.

Thanks again.

you do want to extract the contents of the zip on to the root of your sd card. Do not put the files into a directory, otherwise the tablet will not see the rom on the sd card and will not update.

I retraced my steps and I ended up getting it installed on my device. It works awesome and is running great. 100 % better and will keep me entertained til the next upgrade. Thanks for the awesome ROM and I am still interested in testing for you also.

Thanks again.

Whoops! apparently you got it figured out, glad its working for you and sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your offer of testing, as soon I have a new rom, I'll send it out to those who have volunteered

Last edited:

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Hey Folks, i used batery calibration app on my 8024 with Nef 1.2 and it did a little boost on batery life.

Before using it, the tablet was charging for nearly 10 hours. I'd turned it on, used the app and then used it till it was dead. Then i charded it with no break till the blue glow shows, and then used it normally

hixpp02

Dec 25, 2011
Hi, this rom worked fine on an Allview Alldro2, wich is a rebranded kyros 8024. Keep up your good work !

ssakru

Dec 31, 2011
you do want to extract the contents of the zip on to the root of your sd card. Do not put the files into a directory, otherwise the tablet will not see the rom on the sd card and will not update.

Whoops! apparently you got it figured out, glad its working for you and sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your offer of testing, as soon I have a new rom, I'll send it out to those who have volunteered

Thanks nefirim, this ROM is awesome and works great. We had bought this for my son this for Christmas and he didn't like it because he couldn't do a lot with it, so he gave it to his sister and she really wasn't impressed with it either. So before we took it back to the store, I figured I would try to flash a custom ROM. When I finally got it installed my daughter can't keep it out of her hands.

Thanks for allowing us to test the new ROM when you get it. I will be looking forward to it and I am sure others are too. I am trying to self educate myself on building custom ROMs and apps, do you have any suggestions on information or tips. Keep up the great work and Thank you!
:cool:

Last edited: