CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

frighs

Jan 7, 2012
Sorry. Just restarted then works fine!

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

frighs

Jan 7, 2012
What the best lcd densiti configuration for device?

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
When you extract the rom, under the /customer directory is the init.smdkv210.rc that you want to edit. It overrides the one in the utv210_root.tgz. Place in there this line - setprop au.ui.enable_apn true it should enable when flashed.

I've upgraded to V1.2 and still can access the APN settings!! What I'm doing wrong, man?

This CFW is great, congratulations!! If I'm able to set APN's, I'll be a very happy guy!!!;)

Hope you can help anyway.

Thank you!

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hey Folks, i used batery calibration app on my 8024 with Nef 1.2 and it did a little boost on batery life.

Before using it, the tablet was charging for nearly 10 hours. I'd turned it on, used the app and then used it till it was dead. Then i charded it with no break till the blue glow shows, and then used it normally

Hey, Thanks for the update on that! you mind telling me which battery calibration app you used? may do some testing of my own and include it as an "extra" for the newest version

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hi, this rom worked fine on an Allview Alldro2, wich is a rebranded kyros 8024. Keep up your good work !

Aye, the base rom is the Allview Alldro2 rom, but glad to hear my tweaks and improvements still work with the tablet!

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
i hope the new version is coming :D Mister nefirim how many % you think the next version is ? ^^

Unfortunately, there really is no estimate at this time, the base system is pretty much done at this point, just have to re do the uscripts. so.. maybe 60%

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Is the accelerometer disabled in this ROM?

No, but they are set to use the old API which makes it react more like a phone accelerometer then in a tablet. you have to enable the new API in Settings>Special device settings. I believe its the last or second to last option. I don't have the tablet in front of me, so I can't give exact instructions, but should be pretty close to there

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Thanks nefirim, this ROM is awesome and works great. We had bought this for my son this for Christmas and he didn't like it because he couldn't do a lot with it, so he gave it to his sister and she really wasn't impressed with it either. So before we took it back to the store, I figured I would try to flash a custom ROM. When I finally got it installed my daughter can't keep it out of her hands.

Thanks for allowing us to test the new ROM when you get it. I will be looking forward to it and I am sure others are too. I am trying to self educate myself on building custom ROMs and apps, do you have any suggestions on information or tips. Keep up the great work and Thank you!
:cool:

Once again, always glad to hear my work is appreciated and breathing new life into the tablet of others. I originally had just planned on doing this for myself, but when I realized others out there wanted the same things that I wanted in the tablet, I just had to share my work ^^ glad your kids are enjoying it now with the new rom, hopefully I'll have more much to come for everyone!

Also, if you're wanting to work on your own custom rom or just make customizations to the nefarious bread, pm me with what you need help with and I'll try and help you out from there

Last edited:

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
How do i run official gmail app?
I have installed one but doesn't sync.
Thx!

You have to manually enable the sync after installing the app. Go to Settings>accounts>google and it will have some check boxes, the one for gmail will be unchecked. go ahead and tap it, then you can choose to manually sync there, or go back into the gmail and press the "M" for menu and tap "refresh". should then sync your gmail, also you might get a triangle with a exclimation in your notification bar, which when you open the notifcations and tap it, it will ask for permission to allow access to the account, go ahead and allow it. From there, it should now sync and also automatically sync in the future

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
What the best lcd densiti configuration for device?

I will be including one that works very well, in V1.3 however, I forgot the exact name, I'll update you with the name of it when I have it in front of me

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
I've upgraded to V1.2 and still can access the APN settings!! What I'm doing wrong, man?

This CFW is great, congratulations!! If I'm able to set APN's, I'll be a very happy guy!!!;)

Hope you can help anyway.

Thank you!

Huh.. you know honestly, now that you mention it, I can't find the actual APN settings anywhere either. I'll do some more research into this and see what I can figure out.

frighs

Jan 7, 2012
Neferim, what ide did u use for develop the Nefarious?

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Hey, Thanks for the update on that! you mind telling me which battery calibration app you used? may do some testing of my own and include it as an "extra" for the newest version

Nefirim, i used the app called Battery Calibration, from NÉMA developer. The logo is an android with a % in the chest. Just type Battery Calibration on the market and you will see it

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Huh.. you know honestly, now that you mention it, I can't find the actual APN settings anywhere either. I'll do some more research into this and see what I can figure out.

If 3G is enabled, you should be able to add a 3G connection, which includes APN. This should be able to make 3G work with a compatible 3G dongle.

There is a hidden Settings panel that will allow editing the available (I think) APNs, but I have never used. I know it exists because when using the "Voice input & output" broken Settings.apk it will display all available settings, and the APN one is shown.