CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

CR1T1C4L718

Jan 20, 2012
So there is no way to edit any file in Nefarious-Bread to fix this other than installing another launcher? Reason I ask is because I want to keep it least bloated as possible and with the applications I NEED to have installed if I can keep the install even down to the minimal it would help. Maybe a feature included into the next update v1.3?

Would it be possible to remove the default installer and use Go Launcher EX instead?

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Hi, I just got this device and I would like to know if I need to root before I flash this rom? I have a X10 mini pro, and it requires me to root before I flash.
Also, can someone link me to the guide for this device model? I can't seem to find any. How do I go about flashing this rom? xrecovery or CWM?
Thanks

mythosmint

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for the rom works great! I stripped the Honeycomb theme and it's very nice and fast. I've also tried the Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024 but seems sluggish compared to this one. Is there a way to get a newer version of the Android browser into this rom?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Hi, I just got this device and I would like to know if I need to root before I flash this rom? I have a X10 mini pro, and it requires me to root before I flash.
Also, can someone link me to the guide for this device model? I can't seem to find any. How do I go about flashing this rom? xrecovery or CWM?
Thanks

hi i think this rom is not compatible with your device because this rom was built for coby kyros 8024 tablet.

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
I am using kyros 8024, i'm sorry I didn't mention it.
I took out the internal SD and replaced it with a 2gb one to test.

I am having problems with the rom, can someone help me out?
- disable/enable browser force closes on me. I can't even open it.
- Phyton force close on me too. what is this app for? can I uninstall it?
- with ADW theme. the status bar disappears when you disable, "swipe up to show/hide status bar". anyone with this issue on ADW? -fixed by reinstalling.
- My SD card also unmounts after a reboot.

Thanks

update:
Does the mic work for everyone?

Last edited:

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
Good day,

I just bought my Coby Kyros MID8024 and it still has Android 2.2 in it. Aside from that, it doesnt have Android Market, so now, my 3 yr old daughter is always crying on me because she is asking me to open Angry Birds, which I cant because I cant download it because I dont have Android Market.

And I bought a Globe Broadband USB Tattoo Stick (Huawei E153) last night, since the person who sold me this told me that it is working. Now when plug it in, nothing happens, when I check the Wireless and Network at the Settings Menu it only shows "WiFi" and "Airplane Mode", it doesnt have the "3G Network" option. I wonder why, is it because I am still running on 2.2?

If the solution to all of my problems is upgrading to 2.3 or higher (if possible), then I need your help guys. I got no idea about this rooting and upgrading, I dont know if I need to root first before upgrading or upgrading first before rooting. I am scared that I might brick the device. I cant seem to find a simple step-by-step instructions on how to do it. Only links for the files.

By the way, if anyone of you who are from the Philippines specifically Manila, then I hope you can just help me personally. We can just meet, send me a Private Message and ill send you my phone number so that we could talk. I am a Filipino, I just used English so that others would be able to understand this too.

Thank you very much,

romaragregado

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
I already downloaded Nefarious-Bread-V1.2.zip is this what I only need to upgrade my 8024 to Gingerbread? I dont know, got no idea. Need help in here.

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Hey[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif],

I was new here a few days ago, and it's kinda hard to find tutorials for the 8024. To flash the new rom, just unzip all the files into the root of a blank fat32 memory card. make sure the root of the card is the files, not the [/FONT]Nefarious-Bread-V1.2 folder.
shutdown, press and hold the power and home button.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
just have one question, how do u use a usb broadband internet dongle on this coby 8024 tablet? im now running on 2.3. and my usb stick is a huawei e153 i dont know how to do this. thanks!

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
I don't know either, since I don't use broadband dongle. wouldn't getting a 3g or 4g modem be better?

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
After I installed Nefarious Bread v1.2, Most of the things on my 8024 are working, but everytime I access youtube through the built-in browser, it wont work. But other websites are all working its just youtube. And my market is not working fine too, on the first time i downloaded the CFW, it was working but downloads are not progressing. Now on the second time I installed this CFW, it wont connect to any network anymore. These are the only two problems I am experiencing.

Thanks for the response, especially to ray_jai

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
After I installed Nefarious Bread v1.2, Most of the things on my 8024 are working, but everytime I access youtube through the built-in browser, it wont work. But other websites are all working its just youtube. And my market is not working fine too, on the first time i downloaded the CFW, it was working but downloads are not progressing. Now on the second time I installed this CFW, it wont connect to any network anymore. These are the only two problems I am experiencing.

Thanks for the response, especially to ray_jai

bro, maybe u have a bad connection so thats why you tube arent working for you.anyway you could try to install this cfw again. but 1st format ur microsd (not quick format) then install it again. anyway i'm glad that i have a kababayan here. :)