CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
1.3 is not ICS based there is a thread here about thunderstorm which is based on ICS but still on beta stage.

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Can anyone connect to Ad-hoc with this rom? I have barnacle on my phone and trying to tether it to this kyros, but it won't connect.

Drozzini

Feb 26, 2012
Is there a way to enable ext3 support ? I've tried to format the external sd in ext2 and ext3 but it didn't recognized.

I have some .mkv greater than 4Gb and want to use the hdmi in tv.

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
HELP! CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO INSTALL THE CFW!!!! ILL PAY 5 DOLLARS PAYPAL TO ANYONE WHO HELPS ME.
:mad:<- thats me right now

Installation

1. Preparation for a good installation:
- Back up important data to PC.
- Use a freshly formatted FAT32 SDcard
- Safely "Eject" the SDcard before removing it from PC to ensure that the data is completely written
- Battery is fully charged.

2. Installation:
- Download the zip/rar then extract the zip/rar to a folder on PC.
- Copy the entire content of the extracted folder to the root of the SDcard.
- With the tablet is off, insert the SDcard in the TF card slot.
- Press the "home" button and "power" button together until the boot screen and a small line of text appear then release the buttons. Leave the tablet undisturbed. It will turn OFF automatically after the flashing completed.
- Now turn tablet on and enjoy the new firmware.
(all credits to steev and lfom, the guys that probably wrote this tutorial)

If you install nefarious v1.1.1 you just have to extract the content of the .rar in the root of the sdcard. If is v1.2 you have to place the content of the folder nefariousbread in the root of the sd card.

Last edited:

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Hi Nefirim,

I have a MPMAN MP827 (COBY MID8127)
I have the stock rom file, if you want to help me to enable 3g or maybe to meke a custon rom for MID8127

Thanks

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Comment it with #, and put it in front. Use notepad.

Has anyone tried upgrading the internal card? I upgraded to 16gb, but it still shows the old card size. When i extend the Fat32 partition, it gets stuck on boot loop.

omegacrash

Apr 24, 2012
Hello,

This 2.3 Version you have ported to the MID-8024 is a life saver and I would gladly donate for all the work you apparently put in.
I do have a question though... I constantly use Google Voice on my tablet and upon the Tablet Rebooting normally, it appears that GVoice
syncs in real-time perfectly when receiving incoming texts, but, when I let the tablet (MID8024) sit there for a while, I would attempt to text
again but I realize that a time will go by and nothing happens. From there on I would have to go into the GVoice app and all of a sudden it
notifies that I have a message. In other words, in order for me to receive the message, I have to open the GVoice app and make it "aware"
that I'm expecting a message. I already turned off the "wifi sleep" setting and tried looking for any "disabling" power-setting there may be but
I'm not sure where else to look or perhaps what *.rc file to edit, if any. I have attempted different versions of the GVoice app and they all seem
to act in the same way. Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks,
OC

Last edited:

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
Thanks mate,this thing is useless with the stock rom i was giving it up when i find you,sign up just to thank ya =)

itsmealis

Apr 6, 2012
Just installed it on my MID8024. I'm a totally n00b but it worked just fine. Wifi seems a bit buggy, sometimes slower than on the original ROM, sometimes losing signal for no apparent reason. All in all, it's working ok though. Also my tablet is starting up faster, which is great really.

But I can't seem to use Google Play. Installed most recent version, but it just keeps crashing. Tried to install Back Market's Gmail but it get "Parse error - There is a problem parsing the package".

As I said before I know close to nothing about tablets... I may be doing something wrong, maybe not doing something so it can work... I dunno.

Also... will it show on About Device as Gingerbread, right?

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
I started having wifi problems today.
When i enable wifi, it disables once the scanning starts. This has nothing to do with the sleep policy because the screen was on and none of the keep wifi etc.. apps work.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks