CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Thank you for putting together this update. How do we install this ROM in a stock 8024?

I've had some reports that you can't flash the latest update coming from a froyo rom. so first do V1.0 by unzipping it to a sd card and placing the sd card into the tablet. When you turn it on, hold the power and home button. it will say " Upgrade system activated" and will start the update, let it run automatically till it shuts itself off, then turn the tablet back on, you'll now be on the gingerbread rom. Download V1.2 and then flash it the same way, and you'll be on the most updated version so far

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
No, I haven't. I don't even have fb app. Someone else reported that it's not working. I just wanted to find out what was causing Docs to fc because I also use 160dpi in my CFW. ;)
Give it a try with the compatibility mode and let me know, I'm currently trying to get wireless working with the HC theme.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Give it a try with the compatibility mode and let me know, I'm currently trying to get wireless working with the HC theme.

I have HC theme working in my 1024 CFW. I was looking at the original M7 ROM and I think steev forgot to add a file called framework-res.apk present in the patch tarball that installs the theme. I cannot guarantee it since I didn't test wifi without it thoroughly before, but it has been working fine with the new installation. I am also using a vanilla build.prop now with no modification to the wifi rescan time.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I have HC theme working in my 1024 CFW. I was looking at the original M7 ROM and I think steev forgot to add a file called framework-res.apk present in the patch tarball that installs the theme. I cannot guarantee it since I didn't test wifi without it thoroughly before, but it has been working fine with the new installation. I am also using a vanilla build.prop now with no modification to the wifi rescan time.

Everything seemed to work with the original framework-res.apk, but I'll add it just to be safe.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Everything seemed to work with the original framework-res.apk, but I'll add it just to be safe.

It is very weird... It seems that everyone who complained about wifi is using HC theme. Pickupman66 reported a bad behavior of the digitizer also using HC. Here everything is fine so far using this installation, but I can't compare with the previous one since I didn't tested it for a very long time.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
It is very weird... It seems that everyone who complained about wifi is using HC theme. Pickupman66 reported a bad behavior of the digitizer also using HC. Here everything is fine so far using this installation, but I can't compare with the previous one since I didn't tested it for a very long time.
I think it has to do with their wifi routers. I have two routers...one is a linksys and the other a Dlink(media server)..When wifi scan was set to 180 my tablet never found the Dlink but almost always saw the linksys router. So I just reduced scan time to 90 and my tablet was able to stay connected.I also noticed when editing init.smdkv210.rc file if I enabled bluetooth and gps to true it killed wifi as well.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
I think it has to do with their wifi routers. I have two routers...one is a linksys and the other a Dlink(media server)..When wifi scan was set to 180 my tablet never found the Dlink but almost always saw the linksys router. So I just reduced scan time to 90 and my tablet was able to stay connected.I also noticed when editing init.smdkv210.rc file if I enabled bluetooth and gps to true it killed wifi as well.

The thing is, it still finds signals just fine, but as soon as I try to connect one, it shuts off. also I've tried it with Ad-hoc and infrastructure networks and with secure and unsecure networks, all of them do the same thing. Also I've tried all my tweaks and changes and didn't apply the HC theme, the wireless works, add the HC theme and it stops working. I took a Dmesg log and will post it later to see if anyone has any ideas.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I understand what you are saying...I was having the same issue when i built my rom....I did each tweak one by one but couldn't figure out the exact cause...in my build prop
#Increase overall touch responsiveness
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

#Faster Rendering(GPU)
debug.sf.hw=1

these two things above caused a conflict with this
#Save Battery
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

originally I used wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Odd. My Wifi issue was on the first boot of the HC theme. I have a motorola router. it would not connect. after reboot it worked fine, but I didnt like the way the digitizer worked when in landscape mode on my tablet. it was off a little bit. going back to stock theme worked better for me. plus I dont like the bar at the bottom of HC.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
I understand what you are saying...I was having the same issue when i built my rom....I did each tweak one by one but couldn't figure out the exact cause...in my build prop
#Increase overall touch responsiveness
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

#Faster Rendering(GPU)
debug.sf.hw=1

these two things above caused a conflict with this
#Save Battery
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

originally I used wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

Thanks Vernox, I'll give that a try and see if it works. if so I'll do a quick update with the HC theme

hfcx

Feb 28, 2011
I've had some reports that you can't flash the latest update coming from a froyo rom. so first do V1.0 by unzipping it to a sd card and placing the sd card into the tablet. When you turn it on, hold the power and home button. it will say " Upgrade system activated" and will start the update, let it run automatically till it shuts itself off, then turn the tablet back on, you'll now be on the gingerbread rom. Download V1.2 and then flash it the same way, and you'll be on the most updated version so far

Thanks. And if I should need to revert back to stock, can I just do the same except with the Coby file?

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Thanks for the 1.2 ROM nefirim runs great, cool. But, for some reason both "Brower" and "Dolphin Brower HD" FC on just the www.google.com page. Other then that all other web pages work just great. Also, I threw the two files "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" at UOT Kitchen and got back a zip file. Ok, neat. Now what?? I just changed the font and the battery icons......I just wanted a "%" on my battery icons. What do I do with the 5 sub-folders(and files in them) now?

Just wondering.

Thanks again for the v1.2 Gingerbread ROM, the Coby is now a usefull tool, instead of a lite paperweight it was with the original Coby 2.2 April(uggg) rom. :-((

Bye...
Arlic

BROLZ

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for the 1.2 ROM nefirim runs great, cool. But, for some reason both "Brower" and "Dolphin Brower HD" FC on just the www.google.com page. Other then that all other web pages work just great. Also, I threw the two files "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" at UOT Kitchen and got back a zip file. Ok, neat. Now what?? I just changed the font and the battery icons......I just wanted a "%" on my battery icons. What do I do with the 5 sub-folders(and files in them) now?

Just wondering.

Thanks again for the v1.2 Gingerbread ROM, the Coby is now a usefull tool, instead of a lite paperweight it was with the original Coby 2.2 April(uggg) rom. :-((

Bye...
Arlic

I was getting the same thing with browser. As a temp use opera. worked with no issues for me.

-Brolz

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Hey Neferim check your version of google apps (networklocation,google services framework..etc) I was playing around and dropped in G_Apps from my phone my tablet booted up fine but wifi wouldn't connect at all.. just a thought

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
@Brolz & Arlic did you both go from V1.0 to V1.1.1 then V1.2 or did you just to a certain version right away, etc? Just trying to get an idea of what might be causing that issue. so far you're the only two reporting this problem and both the default browser and Dolphin HD have worked for me in all my versions, so I'm wondering if there is any correlation to the tweaks in a certain version, etc.