CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
@Arlic to update your theme, use ES file explorer with the root options enabled, to copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework. SystemUI.apk you will want to copy to /system/app. any fonts you'll want to copy to /system/fonts. Bootanimation goes into /system/media and the settings folder can go anywhere, its not needed on the tablet, but you can keep it to upload to UOT Kitchen later if you want to use the same settings but make a few modifications, etc

Oh and once they're copied, be sure to turn off your tablet then back on so that they take effect.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Thanks. And if I should need to revert back to stock, can I just do the same except with the Coby file?

Exactly, to revert back to stock, you use the coby firmware, unzip it to your sdcard, and press the power + home with the sdcard inserted into the tablet, and it will flash it back to stock

xavielson

Sep 28, 2011
Thank you so much for this... Working rly smooth so far. Even tryed a game that never worked and now it runs just fine! (Zenonia 3)
I installed 1.0 first and then 1.2 as u sugested.
Anyway, i cant find the Thanks button?

Ty again for ur work!

BROLZ

Apr 13, 2011
@Brolz & Arlic did you both go from V1.0 to V1.1.1 then V1.2 or did you just to a certain version right away, etc? Just trying to get an idea of what might be causing that issue. so far you're the only two reporting this problem and both the default browser and Dolphin HD have worked for me in all my versions, so I'm wondering if there is any correlation to the tweaks in a certain version, etc.

Yea I started from 1.0 on up. Haven't done any personal tweaks.

-Brolz

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Tablet Forum

Arlic

May 13, 2011
Thanks for the UOT Kitchen info. nefirim, but when I tried to update the 2 system files with root explorer the system would lock up. So, I did it the hard way. I used 7-zip. Just deleted the files in "utv210_root.tgz" first, and then dropped the files into the proper folders and let 7-zip do the rest. The battery icon works, and the fonts too ....cool.

About the browser, it seems it does a fc only on the www.google.com web page. Could it be the "location share" or the "Instant" feature??

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for the UOT Kitchen info. nefirim, but when I tried to update the 2 system files with root explorer the system would lock up. So, I did it the hard way. I used 7-zip. Just deleted the files in "utv210_root.tgz" first, and then dropped the files into the proper folders and let 7-zip do the rest. The battery icon works, and the fonts too ....cool.

About the browser, it seems it does a fc only on the www.google.com web page. Could it be the "location share" or the "Instant" feature??

Just wondering.

Bye...
Arlic

Better push it via adb instead of copying using rootexplorer.

Sent from my COBY KYROS 7024 using Android Tablet Forum

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Better push it via adb instead of copying using rootexplorer.

Sent from my COBY KYROS 7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Wow, I'm dumb, Thank you Flxrms. I'm not sure why I didn't suggest adb as well *facepalm* What I get for working the late nights XD

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
In the customer folder, the init.smdkv210.rc has an option for setprop ut.ui.cushomepage Google see if you can change this and if it helps, so it doesn't go straight to the google page. I'm really not sure what would be causing it as neither of those fc for me and I do have location sharing on.

Or if you have already flashed it, edit the init.smdkv210.rc by using es file explorer or pulling the file with adb and pushing the edited version back

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Thank you so much for this... Working rly smooth so far. Even tryed a game that never worked and now it runs just fine! (Zenonia 3)
I installed 1.0 first and then 1.2 as u sugested.
Anyway, i cant find the Thanks button?

Ty again for ur work!

Zenonia 3 is working for you? I'll have to try that again, it never did for me

Sent from my HERO200 using Android Tablet Forum

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Hey guys,

How much time takes the update? Mine stopped on system files update... :confused::(

Any tips???

Thanks!!

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hey guys,

How much time takes the update? Mine stopped on system files update... :confused::(

Any tips???

Thanks!!

Shouldn't take that long, maybe a few minutes. Try redownloading the update and reflashing

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
So,
I turned it off and reboot without micro SD card. Only soft buttons on, no Coby brand, nothing!!!! Tried reset button and nothing. Bricked???:(

Just for information, it was a bit hot back side when I turned off.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
So,
I turned it off and reboot without micro SD card. Only soft buttons on, no Coby brand, nothing!!!! Tried reset button and nothing. Bricked???:(

Just for information, it was a bit hot back side when I turned off.

Try reflashing, if you haven't already

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

xavielson

Sep 28, 2011
Zenonia 3 is working for you? I'll have to try that again, it never did for me

Sent from my HERO200 using Android Tablet Forum

It does work now, it used to jump back to dock after gamevil splash screen without any error msg or anything, but after installing your rom i can at least go into the game (i say "at least" because i havent tested much further into the game yet.)

Sent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

xavielson

Sep 28, 2011
Couldnt find an edit button so sry for the double post.
I have ADWLauncher EX and i had some problems with it after installing your ROM. It seems like the icon's font sizes went a little crazy, i choose a size and suddenly after some time it changes and become a lot bigger or smaller. It also happens with ADW EX config screen, if i hold the tablet vertically the fonts and icons of the config screen are abnormally big, if i rotate the tablet to horizontal position it looks much better, and if after that i put it back to horizontal it also looks smaller and better.
Im now using the regular free ADWLauncher and it works fine.
Not sure if it has anything to do with ur build, maybe its a gingerbread bug, just wanted u to know.

Sry if my english is a little confusing lol