CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
For some wireless issues. I notice mine from time to time state that My network is "not in range" when it is less than 10 foot away. turning off the wifi then back on usually solves. that a reboot the unit. sadly, my android phones sometime need to be rebooted to connect to wifi properly.

I've noticed with setting the wifi scan at 180 that usually the wireless won't connect right away. If you go to settings then wireless networks, then wifi settings, it seems to pick up right away then or you can manually hit the scan button by pressing the menu button while in the wifi settings. I might actually take out or at least lower the scan interval, I've really not seen much improvement in battery life with it enabled so high.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
By the way, would anyone would be interested in a MIUI rom? I'm thinking about working one up for my tablet personally, but if anyone else is interested, I might post it as well

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
By the way, would anyone would be interested in a MIUI rom? I'm thinking about working one up for my tablet personally, but if anyone else is interested, I might post it as well

:) i also wanna try that MIUI rom.

schreiber2011

Oct 23, 2011
MIUI, i wanna it :)
can u edit first post with also 1.0 link? 1.0 link on the other post, that way we have to link two posts to other ppl

tks

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
MIUI, i wanna it :)
can u edit first post with also 1.0 link? 1.0 link on the other post, that way we have to link two posts to other ppl

tks

I'm not sure what you mean? the link for V1.0 is on the first post

rapha.mil

Oct 14, 2011
Sure!!! That would be great!!!
Will it be based on Gingerbread? Will the tablet run faster than Nefarious-Bread? Will it have themes? ... LOL .... :)

P.S - I have one question about Honeycomb... people don't seem to be interested on using it on the KYROS family...does it have a CPU minimum requirements or it's just because it is buggy?

And what about Icecream for KYROS... is it a foolish dream or is it possible?...LOL... :)

Thanks one more time!
Great Work!

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Sure!!! That would be great!!!
Will it be based on Gingerbread? Will the tablet run faster than Nefarious-Bread? Will it have themes? ... LOL .... :)

P.S - I have one question about Honeycomb... people don't seem to be interested on using it on the KYROS family...does it have a CPU minimum requirements or it's just because it is buggy?

And what about Icecream for KYROS... is it a foolish dream or is it possible?...LOL... :)

Thanks one more time!
Great Work!

Actually, its not that there is no one interested in running Honeycomb on KYROS, is that there is no source for Honeycomb to make a rom from. The last source was for Gingerbread, Google refused to release Honeycomb because it was fairly tablet centric and they didn't want people making roms for other devices because it wasn't made for phones. HOWEVER, they are releasing the source for Ice Cream Sandwich, which they have revamped to be more tablet and phone friendly. so yes, Ice Cream Sandwich would be possible on the Kyros tablets ( They said that pretty much any device that can run Gingerbread will be able to run Ice Cream Sandwich)

A MIUI rom would be Gingerbread based. Right now I'm looking in to porting possibilities and if this is even a task I can undertake. It does seem fairly likely, but no definite word on that yet. As far as faster/better/stronger, I really don't know at this point. I could get a working rom together and have it be utter crap, or it could be the best thing in the world for our tablet. Right now, I'm just looking at proof of concept and going from there

frost1017

Oct 25, 2011
Hi, I flashed my 8024 with the Nefarious Bread 1.2. I'm having issues with lock screen UI. The thingy you slide always gets misplaced and it gets hard to slide. Is there a way to fix this or revert it to the original slide UI?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi, I flashed my 8024 with the Nefarious Bread 1.2. I'm having issues with lock screen UI. The thingy you slide always gets misplaced and it gets hard to slide. Is there a way to fix this or revert it to the original slide UI?

Edit the file init.smdkv210.rc in the root folder and remove the line with "aigo" (just this line, but the full one) and reboot.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
I reflashed Nefarious Bread 1.2 and started (after setting up my google account) to install Google Maps but again, it wouldn't allow login in and finding my location, also i allowed the 3 triangles for Latitude, whilst Google Maps is telling me I can login with another account which i denied. Am I doing something wrong ? Maps never worked with the shipped Froyo, but worked very well on version Nefarious 1.1.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
I reflashed Nefarious Bread 1.2 and started (after setting up my google account) to install Google Maps but again, it wouldn't allow login in and finding my location, also i allowed the 3 triangles for Latitude, whilst Google Maps is telling me I can login with another account which i denied. Am I doing something wrong ? Maps never worked with the shipped Froyo, but worked very well on version Nefarious 1.1.

I never actually tested maps on any of my releases, as I have a android phone with gps built in, so I tend to use that. Let me give it a run and see what my experiences are. Working on V1.3 right now, adding more tweaks and hopefully overclocked U-boots. also restructuring everything from the ground up to use the upgrade system that Steev added to his 7024 rom and make all my modifications as patches so that users can have more control over what tweaks and mods they want installed.

So, my findings so far. after installing maps, I got the same issue, failed login. I tried to do a sign in (menu, more, sign in) but it wanted me to put my google account in, so I did. however it told me that account was already associated with my tablet. so after going back to google maps, I allowed all the permission requests ( the 3 triangles) and it just sat there, trying to sign in. I went back to launcher with the home button and then started maps again, still not showing me signed in though. I went once more to sign in (menu, more, sign in) This time it gave me a notification that my account is now signed in. I can verify it did sign in, as it has some of my old searchs from when I've used my phone to look up local area restaurants and this is the first time I've ever installed Maps on my tablet.

So basically if you've allowed permissions through the 3 triangle notifications, try and sign in through the menu again and see if it allows it this time

Last edited: