[CFW] TsunamiMod for Coby Kyros MID7024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs

Latest version:

Download (1.2)
MD5: 556e870d308d5fa0d02a536da003ba7e

Older versions:
Download (1.0)
MD5: bfaf32ff524c556937fadeefce584540

Features
- AdHoc Support
- Single button volume control
- Rooted
- Soft Buttons
- App2SD pre installed
- USB Gamepad support + driver for PS3 controller
- V6 SuperCharger and Kickass Kernel Tweaks by zepelinrox
- New installer script that logs everything to a text file and partitions the sdcard with fdisk instead of using mbr.dat files
- Bluetooth and 3G support (requires dongle)
- NTFS support (1.2+)

ChangeLog:
1.2:
-Based on Tsunami 1.2
-Moved some extra apps to /system/vendor (mmcblk0p4)
-Custom partition sizes can now be set by editing utscript.cfg
-v6 supercharger tweaks will now survive a "factory reset"
-New boot animation (Thanks sunset0202)
-Added TtsService.apk
-Added NTFS support

1.0 (Initial release):
- Based on Tsunami 1.1 by Team Flashback, with these changes:
* Replaced utscript and u-boot.bin with the files from MID7024 OFW
* Replaced zImage, zImage.debug, recovery, and utmodules with the files from Alldro2 firmware
* Replaced utscript.sh with my own
* Added USB gamepad driver for PS3 controller (hid-sony.ko) and GamepadIMEMod.apk
* Fixed bug in Settings.apk (Voice Input/Output settings didn't know how to open)
* Removed setuid/setgid bit from busybox bin
* Added V6 SuperCharger and Kickass Kernel Tweaks by zepelinrox
* Added urbetter resistive touchscreen calibration app
* Added ScriptManager app
* Added Titanium Backup app
* Added LCD Resolution app
* Added Apkinstall app
* Added Ubuntu fonts
* build.prop changes
* Added init.d support
* Tweaked mount options a bit
* Moved bluetooth and 3g patches out of xtra folder
* Enabled USB switch in init.smdkv210.rc
* Disabled aigo unlockscreen in init.smdkv210.rc

Tips:
- To overclock your CPU, replace u-boot.bin with the one from the OVERCLOCK_UBOOT folder
- I've included a few different boot splash images you can use:
* logo_by_coby.bmp: the logo.bmp from the MID7024 OFW
* logo_by_sunset0202.bmp: logo created by forum member sunset0202 (default)
* logo_tsunami.bmp: original logo.bmp by Team Flashback
Rename the one you want to use to logo.bmp
- You can place additional apk's you want to install in the "apk" folder before flashing
- You must start the Market at least once with the LCD density set to 160 or else you will see a lot of incompatible apps. After that you can switch to your preferred density with the included app "LCD Resolution"

Acknowledgements:
Thanks to Team Flashback for letting me use their work.
Here is a link to the original ROM: [ROM] Tsunami - Gingerbread V1.1 11/20/11 [Herotab C8] - SlateDroid.com

Special props also to the members of the AndroidTablets forum especially lfom, flxrms, jmv_10, and sunset0202.

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Nice!!! Can't wait for the 1024 version.....

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Hi steev!! Thanks for this new rom!
Just a couple of questions... between this rom and your another rom based enterely in alldro, what is more stable? What is more friendy?

Thanks a lot man!:D

Enviado desde mi Kyros 7024 usando Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I'd say they're about equally stable.

The Tsunami ROM is more polished and doesn't have that bug where the camera takes mirrored images.

HDMI should work but hasn't been tested

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@steev

:) i was waiting for your mod of tsunami... really busy with my work and photography lately. i'll try this later and do some test. :)

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Is it OK to make a 1024 version? Do we have to ask in the original Tsunami thread first or since it's a port of your port it's OK? :p

Vernox, you wanna try it first?

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
:rolleyes:... salivating... It looks like a very polished ROM. Not saying the ones released on this forum before havent been wonderful.....

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
:rolleyes:... salivating... It looks like a very polished ROM. Not saying the ones released on this forum before havent been wonderful.....

I only wanna try it to see if it's really 2.3.3, and because steev added his mods. Otherwise, I'd say it's the same stuff but with different makeup...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Gotcha... you can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end, it is still just a pig.

let me know if you need my help.

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
Thank for this new rom. Looks great, but it doesn't have installed text to speech capabalities. Is there any way to install or add it?

kin_kwok

Nov 14, 2011
I'd say they're about equally stable.

The Tsunami ROM is more polished and doesn't have that bug where the camera takes mirrored images.

HDMI should work but hasn't been tested

steev, thanks for the new build. The mirrored images is the most important bug for me. I use skype on my skype everyday.
When I first read about this build fixed the image bug, I was so happy that to try it right away.
Tested it with camera apps and works fine. Tested with skype and the other end now can see me correctly.
However, the video from my peer is all mirrored now. I can see it mirrored, and it was ok on 0.3 ROM
I am not sure the problem is the ROM or Skype. I am searching another video conference program to test it.

KK :)

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
steev, thanks for the new build. The mirrored images is the most important bug for me. I use skype on my skype everyday.
When I first read about this build fixed the image bug, I was so happy that to try it right away.
Tested it with camera apps and works fine. Tested with skype and the other end now can see me correctly.
However, the video from my peer is all mirrored now. I can see it mirrored, and it was ok on 0.3 ROM
I am not sure the problem is the ROM or Skype. I am searching another video conference program to test it.

KK :)

Thanks I'll check that out