[CFW] TsunamiMod for Coby Kyros MID7024

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
Flashed last night, so I didn't have much time to 'feel' it in detail, but here go my first impressions:

- The boot animation is somewhat less discreet than I'd choose, but couldn't find a way to replace it. Deleting bootanimation.zip before flashing changes nothing. Is there a workaround for this?

- Screen calibration is very imprecise. Many attempts to calibrate and the result always the same. Tried landscape and portrait, even upside down... :) It's VERY difficult to bring down the notifications, the soft button is almost unresponsive. BTW, would it be possible to bring the notification bar to the bottom, like in Alldro2? Thought it was better, but maybe it's because it worked allright that way...

- My only issue with Alldro2 was about wifi, it kinda 'freezed' frequently, didn't work well nor update down the signal indicator as I moved from the source. But if I just called 'Settings', and did nothing else, it got right immediately. Can't tell yet about Tsunami, maybe my unit is faulty, let's see.

Hope my input is of some help. Thanks again, steev, for your great work!

Sent from my Kyros 7024 using Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I'm not much a fan of the boot animation either (displays incorrect info).
You can use a root file explorer to delete /system/media/bootanimation.zip after install.

I've not noticed the screen calibration issue. Things seem just as accurate as they used to be.
Maybe setting your LCD resolution to 200 (like I have) will help?

I will investigate these issues you have all reported, Thanks.

kin_kwok

Nov 14, 2011
steev, thanks for the new build. The mirrored images is the most important bug for me. I use skype on my skype everyday.
When I first read about this build fixed the image bug, I was so happy that to try it right away.
Tested it with camera apps and works fine. Tested with skype and the other end now can see me correctly.
However, the video from my peer is all mirrored now. I can see it mirrored, and it was ok on 0.3 ROM
I am not sure the problem is the ROM or Skype. I am searching another video conference program to test it.

KK :)

OK, I did few more tests last 2 days. I am always confuse in which one is mirrored or which one is correct. I finally found out that the easiest way to do it is to take a picture or video by holding a book. If I can read the text, it is correct.
By doing this, I found out that Alldr02 0.2 and 0.3 camera apps are working fine to take a correct picture. Actually, the Tsunami camera apps take mirrored picture.
Under both Rom, Skype send mirrored video to the other end during video call. I am not sure the problem is the Rom or skype. This maybe Skype problem.
Hope this clarify the problem.

KK

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Is it OK to make a 1024 version? Do we have to ask in the original Tsunami thread first or since it's a port of your port it's OK? :p

Vernox, you wanna try it first?
I just asked for permission so I'll post when its ok

rain

May 5, 2011
wow, tlbardelljr just bumped the boat with version 1.2 . . .
Changelog
V1.2
Multiple Internal SDcard size support
New Install Script (Thanks Steev)
Corrected Voice Input/Output bug
TiB Pre Installed
3G fixed
Bluetooth Fixed

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
wow, tlbardelljr just bumped the boat with version 1.2 . . .
Changelog
V1.2
Multiple Internal SDcard size support
New Install Script (Thanks Steev)
Corrected Voice Input/Output bug
TiB Pre Installed
3G fixed
Bluetooth Fixed

Coolness :)

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Yes, very cool :)

I see some undocumented changes too, like an upgraded version of busybox with some nice applets enabled for scripting. Will try to get a new version based on 1.2 out tonight.

@kin_kwok
Ah, yes, you are right. I got confused too.
The camera image is mirrored in TsunamiMod.

Last edited:

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
Since I didn't quite like the 'official' Tsunami bootanimation, I created an alternative one, if someone wants to try it, just follow the link below.
Ok, I know it's big, I'll try to make it smaller without quality loss, I´m on it. I'm using it on my 7024.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43623200/bootanimation.zip

Open to comments, good or bad ones... :)

@steev:
After @flxrms' comment, I felt bad, seem that I just pointed out negative things on the first version. Sorry, man, not my intention, I´m a big fan of your work.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
1.2 released.

ChangeLog:
-Based on Tsunami 1.2
-Moved some extra apps to /system/vendor (mmcblk0p4)
-Custom partition sizes can now be set by editing utscript.cfg
-v6 supercharger tweaks will now survive a "factory reset"
-New boot animation (Thanks sunset0202)
-Added TtsService.apk
-Added NTFS support

Probably the most interesting change is NTFS support.

Use the included ntfsvolume app to mount NTFS partitions (written by farazite, modified a bit to mount the extsd by me)

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
1.2 released.

Probably the most interesting change is NTFS support.

Use the included ntfsvolume app to mount NTFS partitions (written by farazite, modified a bit to mount the extsd by me)

Wow original tsunami don't have ntfs support yet.
Can I mount udisk using ntfs or its just for extsd?

I just bought a sandisk 8gb microsd to replace the internal 4gb, really need to upgrade and flash a new rom again.

Sent from my typewriter.

Last edited: