[CFW] TsunamiMod for Coby Kyros MID7024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Did some more testing and yes, custom launchers appear to break the Alldro2 calibration app. Happens with symbean's HC launcher too.

The Coby OFW calibration app seems to work fine with custom launchers though. Both apps are version 1.0, but the checksums are different.

Last edited:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi just to let you know after changing the calibration app like steev told me my tablet is still working find and better respond from it. I have the feeling that the battery life is better with alldro firmware I will go back to this firmware instead of the tsunami. I can not find the calibration app in utv210_root.tgz file, is it save under system/app ???? thanks

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi just to let you know after changing the calibration app like steev told me my tablet is still working find and better respond from it. I have the feeling that the battery life is better with alldro firmware I will go back to this firmware instead of the tsunami. I can not find the calibration app in utv210_root.tgz file, is it save under system/app ???? thanks

Check in patches/urbetter_resistive_tscal_patch.tgz

CFW Alldro2 1.0 is about ready to release. Just want to get permission from symbean to use his Honeycomb UI first

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
HI there. Little things.

First. Screen seems to be more responsive now, but the calibration is bad. Specially when im writing or browsing in PC view, the precision is very bad. I've read a reply in regards to this but i dont know which calibration app are you talking about.

About battery life, is shorter than the 0.2&0.3 CFW you made steev. Of course, using live Wallpapers, and stuff drains it twice fast, but still, is shorter.

The eq app, does not convince me xD, im a musician so im very precise with it, can you use a better app? that would be AWESOME.

Sync, still lil' sucky but its an issue present in all roms i've used, even the OFW.

Ah...this morning i got a screen freeze (the system was responding but touchscreen didn't). don't know what happened. A reboot solved the problem.

BTW, i tested the 3D chain app, to play dead space 2, but it was kinda usseless, after searching for updates, the system freezes at the EA logo screen. Has someone got working any Tegra game? thnx there xD

Edit: Ok, i need to sleep better, gonna search in the directory you said and post about the changes. but after i sleep a bit im in zombie mode xD

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
About battery life, is shorter than the 0.2&0.3 CFW you made steev. Of course, using live Wallpapers, and stuff drains it twice fast, but still, is shorter.

These Honeycomb themes are known to drain the battery a bit faster. I'd expect that battery life is about the same as Alldro2 with Honeycomb UI, but I haven't checked so you may be right.

The eq app, does not convince me xD, im a musician so im very precise with it, can you use a better app? that would be AWESOME.

If you know a better app tell me and I'll include it.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Lemme ask some friends about the eq apps and i will tell ya.

BTW, a thing i forgot in the last message was about the notification bar cant be set to be slider (deslizable)? with the calibration issue its a bit boring to try a lot to slide it, so it would help. About the calibration, i didn't found the folder, will search it in the rom .RAR; but i think i discovered something. i was making some tests with the calibration. Looks like when you calibrate the screen it keeps calibrated until you reboot. When the device is reboted, changes are lost. This is my impression, didnt tried it with the stylus to be more accurate. Has someone tried this?

Another thing i tried to edit the init_smkv.rc (dont remember the exact name xD) using the jota text editor but i couldnt. where i can edit it? in the sdk app? or the rom aint pre-rooted? thnx :D

EDIT: another thing steev. I need to uninstall the dspmanagerin order to test other eq apps, but i cant from the settings menu. how can i make it?

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Lemme ask some friends about the eq apps and i will tell ya.

BTW, a thing i forgot in the last message was about the notification bar cant be set to be slider (deslizable)? with the calibration issue its a bit boring to try a lot to slide it, so it would help. About the calibration, i didn't found the folder, will search it in the rom .RAR; but i think i discovered something. i was making some tests with the calibration. Looks like when you calibrate the screen it keeps calibrated until you reboot. When the device is reboted, changes are lost. This is my impression, didnt tried it with the stylus to be more accurate. Has someone tried this?

tlbardelljr is still working on the code to make it slidable. It's not finished yet.

Yes, I am aware that calibration is lost on reboot. Here is the fix:
For info
Well this is what I've done
I uninstall the calibration app
I saved and replace the ut_tscal.apk that is in the system/app folder by the new one (link to the new one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/ut_tscal.apk)
I delete the folder mention by steev (/data/dalvik-cache)
I re-install calibration
I reboot
I was ask to re-calibrate
And it work.
to test I reboot a couple of time and now I am using 160 dpi and it works fine.

(I had this problem with alldro2 base rom)

Another thing i tried to edit the init_smkv.rc (dont remember the exact name xD) using the jota text editor but i couldnt. where i can edit it? in the sdk app? or the rom aint pre-rooted? thnx :D

I don't know why, but this ROM (seemingly randomly) remounts the rootfs read-only.
Type this in adb or a terminal emulator to fix:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /

EDIT: another thing steev. I need to uninstall the dspmanagerin order to test other eq apps, but i cant from the settings menu. how can i make it?

Use a root explorer to delete /vendor/app/DSPManager.apk

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Thanks dude, im gonna test some equalizers and will update about them, and will use the code you provided and the calibration app. I will post after it. Thnx :D

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
OK...So I must be missing something here with installing these ROMs to my 7024. I've looked at the Coby PDF for the official process as well. Basically I download any of the ROMs ... unzip the contents to the root of my external SD Card (so it's not a single folder but rather multiple folders and files) ... put the external SD card into the external SD slot ... power on using the HOME+Power button until I see the words "Update System Activated" ... and then I get the error message "Can not find update image. Press Menu/UP to init ... blah blah blah." So I press Menu/Up and the recovery process kicks off with Making Partitions... shuts down ... and then I'm back to the default ROM (not a custom ROM).

So my rooted Coby doesn't seem to like reading custom update files or I am just missing something. Do I have to crack this thing open and use the internal SD slot on the motherboard for these custom ROMs?

-ZenTsang

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Try using another microSD, as steev suggested here too.

For anyone else... switching from my 8GB Class 4 microSD - to a - 2GB Class 2 microSD card solved the issue. I'm not sure it the capacity or the class made the difference, but it worked! Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
For anyone else... switching from my 8GB Class 4 microSD - to a - 2GB Class 2 microSD card solved the issue. I'm not sure it the capacity or the class made the difference, but it worked! Thanks!

It's something related to the u-boot, it doesn't work with certain cards for some reason. steev said he's working to fix it.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Would you guys recommend this rom over the alldro2? I wanna know which one is faster and has better battery life.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I would recommend the latest Alldro2 ROM.

I'm not sure I'm even going to continue with TsunamiMod. I just don't see any real advantage of using it as a base anymore.