Chances on 4.2.2 Update?

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
What do you guys think? I'd love or Lenovo to push out the update, but have heard from some that the chances are slim.. Is it slim because they don't want to support the tablet further or just because the process of pushing out an update like that is a lot of work?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
4.1.1 was a total surprise to everyone outside Lenovo. There was no prior official announcement that they were or were not doing ongoing development and if there were leaks, they got little or no press. So pretty much all you hear are just guesses. Here is my optimistic guess - because the Nexus tablets released running Jelly Bean, Lenovo was left in the lurch with all the others that are "nearly cutting edge" with ICS. They released JB because they want this to be their leading edge consumer tablet and compete with Nexus. So they are hard at work on 4.2. Here is my pessimistic guess - they wanted to release 4.1 the whole time and just got ICS ready for production first and didn't want to slip the release date. So ICS was a stop gap for a not quite ready JB. Once JB was ready, they switched to it and they are done except for maintenance if needed. Again, both are just guesses.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Maybe we should all email Lenovo and tell them that we want new update XD

You never know, maybe they will release 4.2.2 when it comes out, maybe never gonna happened... You never know unless there is someone who works for Lenovo :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Maybe we should all email Lenovo and tell them that we want new update XD

You never know, maybe they will release 4.2.2 when it comes out, maybe never gonna happened... You never know unless there is someone who works for Lenovo :)
You can even call them, I have talked to them a couple of times already.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I said this before, but I don't think they would retask their development team already. I think they're cranking away on the next update. But... I wouldn't bet money on it ;)

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Jan 30, 2013
Hello

My apology for the off topic question. I just found out my OfficeDepot purchase (bought in January) has 4.0.4 installed. I read from the other threads that 4.1.1 is available for OTA install. Is this something a newbie can do alone? Being so new, I am afraid to brick it. Is it similiar as to doing a Windows update? Is there something I need to watch out for? Is it going to ask me bunch of questions that I have no idea of and freeze in the middle of it?

Thanks,
MG

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Hello

My apology for the off topic question. I just found out my OfficeDepot purchase (bought in January) has 4.0.4 installed. I read from the other threads that 4.1.1 is available for OTA install. Is this something a newbie can do alone? Being so new, I am afraid to brick it. Is it similiar as to doing a Windows update? Is there something I need to watch out for? Is it going to ask me bunch of questions that I have no idea of and freeze in the middle of it?

Thanks,
MG

Yes, it is easy. Go into System settings, About Tablet (bottom of list) then press System updates on right, Check Updates and then follow directions. Do it while plugged into charger with a reliable fast network connection.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
As posted updating to JB is easy going back to ICS isn't so easy though.

Well, despite the fact that I was wrong about JB being faster (ICS is faster on the benchmark I consider most relevant, but JB performance was still very good), I haven't run into anything that would make me feel like upgrading was a mistake.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
After my last talk with them, I really doubt there will be an update, The worst news was what we are based off of, kind of blew me away, very disappointed to say the least. I though we were based off of Asus, but we are not.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
After my last talk with them, I really doubt there will be an update, The worst news was what we are based off of, kind of blew me away, very disappointed to say the least. I though we were based off of Asus, but we are not.

We are based off of? You thought we were based off of Asus!
Well what/who did you think we were based off of? Or are based off of?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

OK not to seem ignorant here.

But I take it Lenovo? Or someone at Lenovo said we were Based off the Toshiba AT300 Series of Tablets?

While the design is basically the same.
There are noteable differences 10.1" screen that 10 point touch, Full size sd card, and their power port is the same as the one they used on the Thrive for their dock.
The one that would be even closer to this one in design is their newer model.

Amazon.com: Toshiba Excite 10 Tablet AT305SE-T16 PDA0DU-002001 10.1-Inch 16GB Tablet: Computers & Accessories

I was seriously considering the AT305-T32 when I was looking at tablets.
But settled on the A2109 because of the price as well as getting the samethings minus 1.1" of screen.
And the only difference I see between 4 point touch and 10 point touch is a bit of sensitivity.

But overall the A2109 steals the show IMHO... ;)