Change In "Sleep" Behaviour?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Yesterday I noticed new behaviour from my tablet. My wife's is doing the same thing. When it's been put to sleep for "a while" when not on the charger, it apparently shuts down entirely. Instead of waking right up when pressing the button, it goes through the boot procedure. It seems to boot faster than it used to, but still: This is not the expected behaviour.

This appears to have started since the last update.

Anybody else seeing this?

I looked for a new setting, to override this, but didn't find one.

Not liking it.

Jim

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Same on my A500 tablet.

While on "sleep or stand-by mode" after several hours, it turns off by itself.

Even I already used several ROM's installed on my A500, it's still the same.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Same on my A500 tablet.

While on "sleep or stand-by mode" after several hours, it turns off by itself.
This isn't even taking "several hours." Yesterday, while I was over at a friend's house, it did it after only an hour or so--maybe an hour-and-a-half, at most.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Jim

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Yep..about 1 1/2 hours for mine too. I don't remember if it did this before the last update. I'm guessing its a battery saver update?

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
It is annoying but unplugged the battery life is huge now, I can put up with it.

rjsteven

Oct 12, 2011
I observed the same behavior. It did not occur when connected to WiFi, only when it was out of range. Turning off WiFi when away from home seemed to resolve the issue.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I really hate this new auto turn off.

They should have included a setting to turn this on and off and let the user specify a time period for turning the unit off is not used for X amount of time.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
I don't see this as an update issue. I installed the update, but have not experienced the problem you're describing.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Jind

Oct 9, 2011
I've also not seen this behavior, but I'll keep an eye out for it and report back if I notice it.

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
This auto-off cap is passing me off. Keep picking it up to use it just to have to go through the boot process.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

mbbransc

Sep 14, 2011
The worst part of the auto-shutoff is that it pretty much negates ever using the remote feature. It way too frustrating to have to boot up every time I want to change the channel. And forget about having to mute the TV for the phone or something.

It makes no sense that there isn't a setting to turn it off.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I leave WiFi on at home, have the WiFi sleep set to never and I am using an app to prevent the VTAB from locking when connected to WiFi and I have not seen the "shut off when sleeping" issue. I did see it right after my wife got back from a trip and had the WiFi off.

I will have to run some tests on the shut down issue since this last update - if my wife leaves the VTAB alone for me to play with it.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I observed the same behavior. It did not occur when connected to WiFi, only when it was out of range.
It happens to my VTAB whether I'm w/in range and connected to a WiFi network or not.

It just did it again--after my having used it just an hour or two ago. It's becoming quite annoying :mad:

Jim