Change Mac address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeman

Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone know how to do this? I can see many failed attempts...can anyone provide walkthrough for rooted?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
If i am not mistaking one cannot physically change a mac address its a unique hardware#, you can clone or make a dummy one within router option, i may be wrong..

Geeman

Jul 10, 2011
I guess that's what i mean...to spoof the MAC address temporarily for testing. purposes....

I've seen many threads about it on XDA forums...but no working solution yet.

Anyone here can help?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
My intuition is XDA is the more technically-inclined site. If you haven't found a solution there, I suspect it isn't here either.

Just curious what you have planned...perhaps there is another strategy to solve the problem?

-Matt

Geeman

Jul 10, 2011
No big deal... Theres a coffee shop locally that has a half hour limit on wifi... If like to extend it if I can.... Changing the Mac address its the best way to do that that I can think of.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
AAahhhhhhhhh...well, that satisfies my curiosity (I suspected something similar)! Well, the 30-minute limit is totally unjust and you have good cause (seriously, 30 minutes...who does that?). :) I haven't played around with client-based IP address spoofing, but I wonder if that might help?

Oh wait...this is androidtablets...AND I'm a MOD! I'd better be careful what I suggest! :eek:

-Matt

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Yep IP Spoofing is technically illegal unless your getting paid to be a WhiteHat Hacker. Which I'm pretty much sure no one here is...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.