Change resolution

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
My tablet is stuck in a lower color resolution, probably from something I ran. There doesn't seem to be anything in settings to fix this. Any one know how?? Command line know how would be fine; thanks all.

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Three finger reset. I have already tried using apps to change resolution and they do not work.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Your freaking kidding me. HARD RESET??? What is wrong with these companies??? This is like having a flat tire on your car, and being told they have to rebuild the entire car to fix it!!!

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
The device has been reset 3 times in an effort to fix it. But I stand by what I said...why should you have to rebuild the whole car just to fix a flat. This is the equivalent of that. It seems to be a common "solution" among a number of manufacturers and devices, and smacks of poorly written code and design...just saying. BTW hard reset did not fix issue.

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
Sorry but have to agree with gjbnh....JUST(as am writting this) having to reflash and then restore my damn Disgo due to a bad application I just installed that actually reboot the tab and then just sat there for 20mins at boot logo.... Three finger didn't work hence reflash.... So thats 2 hours of wasted time (242 apps installed) due to some extremely poor programming that messed the OS up.... Jeez at least the first time had to do this the only person at fault was me.....Now am simple P***off as tablet was working near perfectly now have to redo it all a damn gain.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
The thing is, that this type of thing turns customers and potential customers off. Sure, you can say it's cheap and what do you expect, but it creates a bad taste in people's mouths. I'm NEVER buying a ACER product becasue of a bad laptop experience, and now I will NEVER buy a Slyvania product again becasue cheap should NOT mean cheap quality. I Paid under $200 for my tablet. They lose in the long wrong, as when I want something electronic, I will look AND spend my money elsewhere. They COULD remedy this partly by providing ALL of the source code, and had an ACTIVE presence in the community, but they are just in it for this quarter like so many other big companies, and their commitment to us tends to be 15 minutes long. NEVER AGAIN SYLVANIA.

thomasmc

Aug 25, 2011
Sylvania doesn't even make these, they just licence the name out to another company that markets cheap Chinese electronics.

You should be *****ing about Digital Gadgets, their website is printed on the box, where it says "manufactured by:"

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
The device has been reset 3 times in an effort to fix it. But I stand by what I said...why should you have to rebuild the whole car just to fix a flat. This is the equivalent of that. It seems to be a common "solution" among a number of manufacturers and devices, and smacks of poorly written code and design...just saying. BTW hard reset did not fix issue.

If you don't like it, throw it away and go buy a $500 tablet.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
sorry to hear about it; but I have a Acer Aspire 5920 laptop going for 4 years running perfectly and its almost turn on all 24 hours a day and it still going strong, no problem at all, even with my tablet its running perfectly too, maybe you got a lucky one that was having trouble, as I said before IM sorry to hear about your case

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

pauljulian

Aug 4, 2011
Well, I for one, while a bit disappointed in the quality of the little beast, find it a wonderful tool to learn Android. And, hell, I only paid 100 bucks for it, so I'll not cut my throat if I hose it. I was really surprised at the lack of USB charging, but I can work around the app installing things and such (a 4 GB thumbdrive is my friend!).
I'll not use this device for business, as I'm a PC tech, and need access to references at a moment's notice... this little guy tries, but dies too often, and the pin on the power adapter broke, so I've been attempting to solder another piece from another power adapter, but it doesn't work very well... so I've got to use my lower-amperage wallwart, wait forever, and try to keep the little thing cool, due to the lower amperage.

All said, I like the little beast, am one that wants to max out its capabilities, learn Android (been a developer since my DOS days, but never really learned C or C++ (Pascal, Delphi, dBase, COBOL and Dataflex were I needed at the time and never had the time to learn the languages most folks use)

No, I'm going to acquire another tablet that is reliable to use on a daily basis, but I'm going to keep this little guy to learn on, read my ebooks, play Tri-Peaks and Lock n Roll, maybe watch a movie or two in bed, and all that.

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
YEP! Agree with...They are great little beast just a shame the crappy os builds let them down. Sóooooooooo looking to custom roms!!!!!!

Sent from my Disgo 6000 using Android Tablet Forum