chargeing/battery issue... PLEASE HELP

Killerloon

Feb 21, 2011
I cant seem to charge the battery past 95% on my FTII. It gets to 95% and just stops little red light goes off, but the status says its still charging. Also when when I unplug it (((nothing is on. NO WIFI nothing but the screen and whatever apps my be running in the back ground))) the charge drops 15-20% in 30 seconds or less, then it slows on discharge. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I agree in some cases

Try this but no promise
Drain the battery completely, plug in the charger and reflash your firmware, once its flashed, make sure your good then turn it off and let it charge for an hr or 2
In some cases, software can affect how a device charges

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Rocan91

Oct 3, 2011
Might be a little late for you to get a response but the same was happening to me.
I took it to a person who repaired ipads and tablets, and what he said to do is to every now and then let the tablet just run its battery dry and shut down.
Then he said to plug it into the charger and leave it off and charging overnight. Turning it on would only mess up the charging process, and he said that for some reason the firmware on my tablet made the tablet think it was charged when it really wasn't.

I have been doing this about once or twice a week, and I haven't had issues anymore with the battery. I get a full 3-4 hours of usage without sudden drops anymore. Hope that helps!