Charger Port on MID7015

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys, I have been having this problem, and wondering if anyone else has been having it. It my be my fault, I do not kno yet that is why I am asking this.
When I go to charge my 7015 I have to plug the plug in, and then rotate it so the light comes on, and if it gets turned, it quits charging. And if I rotate it, the screen will flash and then it will say not charging. I have a feeling it just is a defective part, and will need just to deal with it since I installed custom ROM's.

I believe it is my fault because i had a plug that was just barely larger than the stock one. I transformed that into a USB charger, for on the go, and I believe since then it has not worked. It plugs in fine (just a little more snug) but charges fine. Also when I am using the USB one I made the tablet makes a very quiet hum noise. Also, when using the stock, and rotated, It will also make the wierd hum noise. The only way to hear this is holding the device to your ear in a quiet environment.

I do not kno if this is a problem I need to worry about, but if not I will keep using my tablet.

Any advice is helpful and thanks in advance everyone =D

Last edited:

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
I've had to do that alot to I've went through 3 chargers with this tab. My latest one I have to turn it all over for the light to come on.

Apr 28, 2011
Well good to kno I am not the only one here. I believe the port on the device is just overall bad, and they should have made it a little better. I would try to replace it, but am bad with stuff like that, and dont want to really mess it up.

Dataman19

Mar 12, 2013
Has't anyone found out where we can get replacement power jacks.

I don't have a problem replacing components, or soldering (even SMD components).

All I need are the "correct" jacks .

Dave
dmason @ phoenixcomputerlabslabs . Com