Charging battery takes a very long time

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Much longer than it used to be.

Is battery dying on me?

Anyone else has the same issue?

Rawkfist

Nov 14, 2011
Ever since day 1 my battery took a while to charge...at least 8-9 hours. How long of battery life do you get? I get about 9-10 hours.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Maybe it's just my imagination.

I don't like nonremovable batteries. Once they die, your toy dies too.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I get around 9 hours of life with mixed use ie book reading, browsing, games and some video. It seems to take 6 plus hours to fully charged if it's almost out of juice. One more thing I find unless I turn it off it will only charge to 99% it seems to draw just enough in sleep mode to never reach 100%.

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I have found the same with not turning it off. It also seems to take longer. Not unreasonably longer, but longer

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I have found the same with not turning it off. It also seems to take longer. Not unreasonably longer, but longer

I think this is a battery driver issue, this needs to be adjusted in kernel itselfs. Also for me it charges up to 99% and then it goes up to 100 just to drop to 99 a second later. Next issue in my opinion is that it shuts down at 5% left. Is this the same for all or is this just me?

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I think this is a battery driver issue, this needs to be adjusted in kernel itselfs. Also for me it charges up to 99% and then it goes up to 100 just to drop to 99 a second later. Next issue in my opinion is that it shuts down at 5% left. Is this the same for all or is this just me?

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

I haven't had mine go to 5% yet, but I think it's a good idea. I know battery memory isn't supposed to a problem anymore, but I don't trust that

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
Seems I just read elsewhere that Lithium batteries should be topped off most of the time rather than run down to low percentages, with an occasional run down to exercise the battery.

The fluctuating between 99% and 100% just sounds like trickle charging to keep the battery full without overcharging.