Charging Issues

wrmfuzzie

Jun 9, 2012
I just got my tablet back from getting the motherboard replaced after it crapped out following the Acer update. Now my tablet only charges when it wants to :mad: I've replaced the charger, but no luck. I've realized that the battery is only charging if the power button is orange; problem is it keeps blinking white instead. Even with the charger plugged in, if the light is white the battery is not getting any juice and the tablet will just turn itself off. If I unplug the charger from the tablet for a minute and then put it back in, the light will stay orange for a bit, but if you move it too much, it'll switch back to the white light. Any clues?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just got my tablet back from getting the motherboard replaced after it crapped out following the Acer update. Now my tablet only charges when it wants to :mad: I've replaced the charger, but no luck. I've realized that the battery is only charging if the power button is orange; problem is it keeps blinking white instead. Even with the charger plugged in, if the light is white the battery is not getting any juice and the tablet will just turn itself off. If I unplug the charger from the tablet for a minute and then put it back in, the light will stay orange for a bit, but if you move it too much, it'll switch back to the white light. Any clues?

Sounds like poor connection on PCB where power plugs in. The female connector may not be making proper contact.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
yeahthat.gif

If you wiggle the charger cable at the tablet, does it change state?

piperkid

Mar 22, 2012
What did you replace your charger with? Most of the aftermarket chargers do not work. Get an original charger.