Charging light (TF101)

miked

Jul 31, 2011
The first time I charged (through the keyboard dock, plugged in the wall), the led light turned to green after reaching 100%. Since then it just blinking red even after a full charge. No problem with the battery, I get approximately 3 days; they way I use it. Just wondering what's up with the indicator.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Download the dual battery widget from the market and check to see the condition of your tab's battery and the dock's battery. You may have a fine internal tab battery but the dock's battery may not be fully charging up for some reason (or vice versa). I think the way the LED is supposed to work is: red flashing while charging the main (tab) battery, solid red while charging the dock battery, then green when both are fully charged.

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Thanks! Installed the "Dual Battery" Widget. (Good thing to have). I show 98% charge on the Tab and "N/A" on the Dock. Even though I charged the Tab connected to the Dock. Now I disconnected the Tab and plugged in the Dock only. The LED is flashing red. Let's see what happens. By the way, while I charged both together, the LED was flashing red also.

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Many thanks for your comments. Unfortunately it looks like you are right. After a whole night's charging, the light keeps blinking red and the Dual battery widget shows a black colored battery for the dock.

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Many thanks for your comments. Unfortunately it looks like you are right. After a whole night's charging, the light keeps blinking red and the Dual battery widget shows a black colored battery for the dock.

That's too bad. If you can exchange at point of sale that would be great. Otherwise, you obviously have a legitimate warranty claim with asus. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-P100

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Problem solved. The good folks at Office Depot exchanged my dock for a new one. I am a happy camper. Talking about Office Depot...they carry the USB Charger/Cable accessory . I could not even find it elsewhere.