Charging my VTAB

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I noticed over the weekend that when I charge my VTAB with the power off, it took about 8 hours to charge from 10%, but with the VTAB on, it took about 4 hours from 20%. Anyone else noticed this, or was it maybe a one time thing?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Nope, that is probably one of the many charging "quirks" about the tablets, I see all sorts of different behaviors. Here is another one that I have seen several different models have, yours might be one too. There are tablets that you charge to 100% while on, then you turn them off and they give you a red charging light for another 20-40 minutes. On those I have personally experienced getting an additional hour from the battery when I turn it back on. The Cruz tablets were particularly sensitive to this.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
Nope, that is probably one of the many charging "quirks" about the tablets, I see all sorts of different behaviors. Here is another one that I have seen several different models have, yours might be one too. There are tablets that you charge to 100% while on, then you turn them off and they give you a red charging light for another 20-40 minutes. On those I have personally experienced getting an additional hour from the battery when I turn it back on. The Cruz tablets were particularly sensitive to this.

I have noticed if I charge it on, it doesn't ever actually get to 100%. Sits at 99%. I'll try turning it off after it gets to 99%, and see if it goes longer

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
I have noticed if I charge it on, it doesn't ever actually get to 100%. Sits at 99%. I'll try turning it off after it gets to 99%, and see if it goes longer

I experience the same 99% cap unless turned off.

Oct 10, 2011
Charging while off takes mine 8-9 hours till green light. If I charge while in sleep mode it only takes 4-5 hours.

Oct 10, 2011
Exactly what mine does. Did you notice if it lasted any longer after this longer charge? I didn't

Hard to tell really since the usage time seems to be related to how hard you push the processor. Playing action games and I'm lucky to get 4½ hours but reading a book or a PDF magazine and I can get 8+ hours.

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I do so many different things on mine still, I don't have that good of an idea what takes more battery. I know using Moon+ reader takes little. Monopoly takes quite a bit more. It's mostly the apps that keep launching themselves that take my battery away