Charging problem please help!

andi1688

Jun 30, 2013
I bought my tab 2 10.1 6 months ago and up until a week ago was workng fine but now when I plug it in to charge I get a red x and the lightening bolt in the battery and takes hours to charge. If it is turned off the yellow battery comes on and then goes off again repeatedly. Unusually this is an intermittent fault and sometimes it does charge faster I have spoken to John lewis where I boughtit from they want me to send it back if they cat find the problem they will send to samsung. Jus wanted to know of anyone has answers as to wether it could be the charger or the tablet itself at fault but either way a new charger costs 20.00and dont see why I should have to pay this out when the tablet is only 6 months old.I

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I think you either have a problem with the charger or more likely with the cable rather than the tablet. See what happens plugging it into a running PC for 5 hours or so with the tab off. It won't indicate anything is happening but should trickle charge it if the cable is good.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You need to use the plug pack that came with the unit. It will not charge from a PC USB PORT. I've tried on 3 tablets (NOTE 10.1s) with the same result. Unless you have a USB PORT that delivers 2 Watts. Most only capable of 500 milliWatts.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

How old is the tablet, what % does the charge go to and how long does it take?

EliT

Oct 22, 2014
Hi I have the same problem with my samsung tab Galaxy 10.1. is not charging properly, I have checked the cables and the charger, both originals and working fine, and now is slowly and a red X appear over the icon of the battery...

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi I have the same problem with my samsung tab Galaxy 10.1. is not charging properly, I have checked the cables and the charger, both originals and working fine, and now is slowly and a red X appear over the icon of the battery...
Welcome to the forum

How exactly did you determine that the cable and charger were OK? I have doubts about the charger.

animaldr2b

Jan 14, 2016
I am having charging issues with my Galaxy Note 10.1 as well. I have had it for around 6 months and until about 2 months ago had no problems. At that point it started to take longer charging. I had to change to a different cable because there was evidence that the cord was the problem. For the past two months it has charged, just very slowly. A couple of days ago, it stopped charging if it was turned on, and even with it turned off I left it plugged in for over 24 hours and it only got up to 84%. I ordered a cord from PWR+ and it arrived today. I plugged it in, and it did not work, so I went back to the cord I had been using and now it will not work either. I currently have it plugged in and it recognizes that there is a USB device connected, but it will not charge. The battery icon appears with a buffering circle and then disappears after a few seconds. It has been doing that for 15 minutes now.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

In the middle of reading your post I was thinking charger, before you went to cable as the problem. See if turned off it will charge plugged into a running PC. It takes a long time there too but it should charge. If it charges at all over 4-5 hours your charger is likely the problem.

animaldr2b

Jan 14, 2016
I tried plugging it in to my laptop, but it did nothing. My laptop acknowledged that I plugged the cord in but said "USB device not recognized" and nothing chanel on my tablet. I had my tablet turned off and plugged in and it actually lost charge. It went from 32% to 16% in about 2 hours.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You didn't follow the directions. Plug it into the laptop with the tablet off and thew laptop on and don't do anything for 4-5 hours. You will NOT be able to look at it to see and charging as it's a trickle charge. Leave the tablet OFF!

animaldr2b

Jan 14, 2016
I did as you directed. I left the tablet plugged into my laptop with the laptop on and the tablet off. I used a cable that I know works. I checked on it after 6 hours and it had not charged at all.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In that case it sounds has if there is a problem with the charging system in the tablet, the port, or possibly the battery.