Cheap, single app, 3G enabled device/tablet

kieranoc

May 29, 2012
Hi Folks,

What I'm looking for is an Android device, say 5"+ in size.
It needs to be 3G enabled.
Battery needs to last 6+ hours.
Screen needs to be readable outdoors.

That's all I really need. Extras like lots of memory, processing power, etc. should be stripped back to keep costs as low as possible.

There will be just 1 business app deployed that the user will use intermittently. That's it.

I've done some searching but I need some advice on where to look. I keep hitting far east websites and I'm not sure I'd trust those?

I'm based in Ireland, ideally I'd like to keep the cost under 100 euros, less if possible.

Cheers.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. No offense but you are asking for more than your budget may be able to handle. Readable outside is your first potential gotcha but devices that are 3G enabled tend to cost more and then there is the contract for the data services.

Something like the Samsung Note will be about as close as you'll get. Not certain it's available in Ireland.

Someone else may have an idea but that readable outside part may not be a go.

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
you are asking for quite a lot in that price range, i will suggest to do a search on archos brand of tablets...

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I am thinking the Galaxy Note, but that will set you back about £179 at O2 with a monthly contract.

The Samsung SII is £150 and has a 4.3" screen. The SIII should be out soon with a 4.8" screen.

Beyond that, I am not sure what other 3G devices are available that can be a phone.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Folks,

That's all I really need. Extras like lots of memory, processing power, etc. should be stripped back to keep costs as low as possible.

There will be just 1 business app deployed that the user will use intermittently. That's it.

I've done some searching but I need some advice on where to look. I keep hitting far east websites and I'm not sure I'd trust those?

I'm based in Ireland, ideally I'd like to keep the cost under 100 euros, less if possible.

Cheers.

Hi kieranoc, welcome to the forum.
As for your requirements, i think you should have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Tornados(for £ 63.11 shipped in our site) or Ainol novo 7 Mars(for £ 76.44 shipped in our site). both of them can perfectly meet your demands! welcome! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi Folks,

Cheers.
Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [OVX610W] - $108.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electroni

hello, i think this is probably the device you're looking for. its from a reliable chinese supplier who is also a supporting vendor on this forum so after sales service will be good for updates, problem solving etc. this company only sell branded goods (not oem) and the brand is a well known name in chinese tablet manufacture so warranties etc should also be good. they will offer shipping choices to fit either cost or speed & reliability. worth checking out at least. you wont find a better tablet spec list for this price i dont think.

adyhooper

May 24, 2012
Need Help !! Guys i want you to suggest me a 3G tabs which have lovely designs, simple to use, easy to carry and they should be in the range of 120$ or some thing around 150$ maximum. And if some is selling tabs, they can send me their links so i can see their pads configuration and they should also mention their shipping charges as i stay in INDIA.