Cheap tablet touch screen glitch

melliejoy

Jan 23, 2012
Hi there, new to the forums. :)

I have a cheap "knock-off" type tablet with no brand. The software (Gingerbread) is legitimate though, I checked it. It works awesomely and does everything I want it to, there's just one problem.

After a few hours of continuous use the touchscreen begins to misbehave. Web pages begin to zoom in instead of scrolling, clicking on an app chooses the one above or below it, and the worst part is the keyboard: typing becomes a nightmare because pressing one key activates four or five across the whole keyboard and punctuation doesn't work.

The tablet comes with a "USB debugging" feature that rectifies the situation for a while, but it's only temporary. Can anyone suggest a more permanent fix? Perhaps an update or software I can download?

Additional details: Five point capacitive touch screen (not resistive, doesn't respond to styluses etc), Android 2.3.4, anything else you need to know just ask. Thanks for reading. :)

Rocky220

Jan 4, 2012
I have these issues with my tablets and my cell Nexus one, what I do is just click it off and on, and that fixes the problem, it seems to me these devices build up static and then when you touch a certain spot it goes at another spot, only have this problem with Capacitive screens

melliejoy

Jan 23, 2012
Static? Aah okay I was wondering what caused it. Although clicking it off and on again, or even a total reboot doesn't fix this. I have to debug it on the computer. If the problem is static, would a screen protector help at all?