Cheapest 10" Android tablet that can competently run Skype and surf the web

ystasino

Dec 24, 2011
I want to buy a tablet for my 60+ year old parents who live in the other side of the world and use an antiquated massive desktop for Skyping, surfing the web for news, solitaire and the occasional Youtube and Flash video. I need it to have a good loudspeaker or a 3.5 mm jack for external loudspeakers and possibly even a dock.

I can wait for a couple of months before I buy, if you think something better is coming in the next few months.

Looking for something at ~ $200 with a 1.3 MP front camera. (Don't care about back camera)

Thanks and sorry for the duplication of the main thread. If the mods feel like they need to merge this please go ahead, there's no Del. button.

Thanks

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I want to buy a tablet for my 60+ year old parents who live in the other side of the world and use an antiquated massive desktop for Skyping, surfing the web for news, solitaire and the occasional Youtube and Flash video. I need it to have a good loudspeaker or a 3.5 mm jack for external loudspeakers and possibly even a dock.

I can wait for a couple of months before I buy, if you think something better is coming in the next few months.

Looking for something at ~ $200 with a 1.3 MP front camera. (Don't care about back camera)

Thanks and sorry for the duplication of the main thread. If the mods feel like they need to merge this please go ahead, there's no Del. button.

Thanks

Hi ystasino, welcome to the forum. i would recommend the Flytouch 6 for you , it's 10" for $175 with shipping in our site: SuperPad VI 10.1 Inch Android 2.3 OS Tablet PC Built in GPS with VC882 Embedded ARM Cortex A8 Wopad V10 - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
or you can have a look at the Zenithink C91 for 10.2 inch if you can spend a little more.:)
Hope you can find what you want here, and enjoy your online tablet buying!