Chinese Tablets Users Come Here...

RaderCad

Jul 31, 2013
Thanks for the re-enforcement. I am looking at the PiPo M9pro and the PiPo M6, either without 3G.

ZWEN

Aug 1, 2013
i have one 10inch model BW-MC1024 it's really good.
Of course it's price is high while compared with other cheap chinese tablet, which is arround US$40.
But it was worth it. Dual core, LG IPS scren, fast speed, stable...

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
My Irulu tablet was also cheap and awful. It often couldn't find my wifi. I couldn't consistently do anything with it. I would play a video but couldn't play a second video--it would cut to something else.

RaderCad

Jul 31, 2013
Well after lurking on many a forum for a couple of months I have decided to order the Pipo M9 pro wifi tablet.

These tablets from Pipo are rock solid on the hardware front, the only down side is their rush to sell them prior to working out all the bugs on the software end. Reminds me of the bad old days dealing with large software companies.

Now that Pipo has had many a rom release it seems that the majority of the glitches with these tablets have finally been addressed.

I will let you know in a couple of months how it is going.....

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Have you taken a look at the IPPO, or its second cousin the PiPo, both stalwarts in the world of cheap Chinese domestics?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
"Are they reliable?", you ask. I guess so... People buy them and they're advertised and sold on our Forum by 'reputable' vendors. Personally, I prefer to support our own economy.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
OK, I've resisted posting my opinion here for almost a year now. I can't any more, so here goes my 2¢ USD.

The entire premise of this thread seems to be, "If a low end Chinese tablet manufacturer happened to make a reliable/unreliable tablet a year ago, I should buy/not buy a tablet they manufacture now."

Many of these manufacturers have been known to substitute parts in the middle of a production run with different parts from a different supplier.

That said, how can you even be sure the tablet you're buying today is as reliable as the "identical" tablet they made the day before yours was made, let alone a year earlier?

The fact they do that caused our Developers grief, when a custom ROM that was working fine suddenly started causing problems. So we know they've been known to do that.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That's why I qualified my post by saying "low end Chinese tablet manufacturer". There are many Chinese manufacturers making quality products, but I'm pretty sure the OP of this thread was looking for a cheap tablet as opposed to an inexpensive one.:rolleyes:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You don't see Lenovo doing this though. They're Chinese, but they treat their products with care. What about all the other Chinese PC companies? You never hear about them.

Yes they are a great company the best company I have ever dealt with, They use standards an quality parts.

Yet Coby does exactly what Spider's post said, Coby uses no standards, their tablets after first run are different even though the model of the tablet is the same. Some of their tablets have as many as 3 or 4 different versions, yet Coby doesn't indicate it. Some same exact models use different wifi, and even processors.
After first run, Coby will use whatever hardware or software is on hand rather than order correct hardware or software, for a particular tablet.

Not all companies are the same, lenovo is top notch company.

Sent from my CM10 Coby 9742 Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Lenovo is best known as the maker of the Thinkpad laptops. And, Thinkpads are notorious for their durability and quality. But that doesn't guarantee success in the tablet market. Aside from bearing the Lenovo name, the A1000 doesn't really do much to distinguish itself from what's an increasingly-crowded field. The $130 model is priced the same as the Sero 7 Pro, which boasts things the IdeaTab can't compete with like a quad-core processor, significantly better screen, and HDMI. The $150 model runs straight up against the Asus MeMO Pad HD, which again outpaces the processor and screen quality of the IdeaTab at the same price.