Cleaning Cloth

Discussion in 'Asus TF300 Forum' started by luv2blze, Feb 13, 2013.

1. luv2blze

luv2blze Senior Member

Hello all,

I lost the cleaning cloth that came with my tf300t and I can't seem to find it anywhere. This was hands down, the BEST cleaning cloth I've ever used. It cleaned the screen so fast and efficiently. I have a few microfiber cloths, but they're not as good. I find myself having to press a little harder than I'm comfortable with to clean the screen. Any suggestions as to where I can get the original one or something close to it?

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    A micro fiber cloth is all I have ever used, not the one the TF came with either. Not a big problem for me. But there are differences in the type of material.

3. CARVERitUP

CARVERitUP Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF300T
    Yup I lost mine too, and I take my tablet to class. I've begun having to use the inside of my winter jacket (it has a soft liner) lol.

Any microfiber cloth should work though? Some are better than others...anyone got brand recommendations?

• Like Like x 2
  4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Welcome to the forum

You may be able to tell by the texture of the cloth. A better one will have a silky feel. They are pretty much generic so I'm not certain a brand would do much other than cost you more money. ;)

5. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Maybe I'm just a barbarian who doesn't know any better and who's been lucky so far.:rolleyes: I take a clean washcloth, wrap the end around my index finger, hold it under the faucet to get it damp and scrub the screen lightly with it. Then I use the dry part to polish the screen dry. When I'm done, the screen sparkles. I've also never used a screen protector, and after 2 years of this there isn't a single scratch on the screen of my Nookcolor.:cool:

6. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hi barbarian. At some point you may end up with a scratch free screen that only works when it wants.;)

The surface of the screen has a very special coating on it that needs to conduct electricity, (from your skin, which is why a stylus for a touch screen needs to have a conductor). You can't normally see or detect that it's there, until it begins to peel off (as I have read from several users on another forum). So my backup on this is people who actually rubbed the coating until it began to peel. THE END.

• Like Like x 4
  7. CARVERitUP

CARVERitUP Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF300T
    Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the help leeshor! And the welcome :)

8. luv2blze

luv2blze Senior Member

I do use a micro fiber cloth and it does work fairly well, but on tougher fingerprints, I have to put some pressure on it, which I'm not comfortable with. Also, with the original cloth, they came off really quickly, but with the micro fiber cloth it takes a little longer. Almost everyone I know that has the tablet lost theirs as well. It's not a big deal but I do miss that cloth.