Cleaning the screen

Gino

Dec 3, 2011
I am definitely gonna try this. Sounds simple enough that even I can't screw it up.

Thanks PB

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
I am definitely gonna try this. Sounds simple enough that even I can't screw it up.

Thanks PB

OK, give it a shot. This one still freaks me out a bit but it seems to be catching on....so since you volunteered first....Let us know what happens !!!

america94

Dec 21, 2011
OK, give it a shot. This one still freaks me out a bit but it seems to be catching on....so since you volunteered first....Let us know what happens !!!

Hello everyone from a new Le Pan TC 970 owner/first time owner of tablet

After trying an antiglare/fingerprint screen protector - which worked quite well except for diminished screen sensitivity and general video appearance - I decided to take the plunge with the Rain-X treatment. I must say I am impressed, although it's only been on for a couple of hours. What I enjoyed the MOST about the screen protector was the satin feel of the screen...well it's back with the Rain-X! not 100% but around 85% for sure... finger prints appear less quick and are less visible, they are very easy to wipe off too... The Rain-X is 100% invisible and screen sensitivity is absolutely a joy!

So I recommend totally... I used this method (which was posted I think by admin PBrauer), with Rain-X Original, purchased at Canadian Tire here in Canada for $6:

1. Clean your screen using a GOOD microfiber cloth and a little bit of water.
2. Repeat step one at least once! You really really want to have your screen as clean and "out-of-the-box" perfect as you possibly can get it. Check it at multiple angles and light to make sure you have no haze, no smudges, no spots.
3. Apply Rain-X to wet the corner of a clean cotton rag
4. Using a gentle swirling motion, apply the rain-x to the screen. It will bead up at first, but continue to swirl it on for about 20-30 seconds until it starts drying to a uniform hazy coating
5. Wet your microfiber cloth again, getting it damp but not dripping and buff off most of the hazy coat
6. When you have most of the haze removed, switch to the dry end of the microfiber and buff off the rest.
7. Go back to the bright lights and multiple viewing angles to check for missed areas.

I tried to skip step 5 but polishing with only a dry cloth was not removing the haze...I got quite scared actually at that point! But a humid microfiber cloth followed by dry worked perfect....I REPEATED THE PROCESS A 2ND TIME by the way....even smoother screen.....had to stop myself for going for 3rd serving! lol!

PS one bottle should be enough for over 100 treatments!