Clear.fi A Question

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Shovelware (sometimes also crapware or garbageware) is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality

Nope don't think so but if that's your opion then you have that right!

Last edited:

Daviduk11

Aug 22, 2011
When you say take a pic what do you want a pic of? My A500 clear.fi or the pc? Also, you mention putting clear.fi on all devices but where can I get the software from?
Also, on the pc and laptop I have set windows media player to stream and can see video on the pc's but not my music. Let me know what pics you want and I will take them.

Daviduk11

Aug 22, 2011
Sorry, just seen the new posts, will try that on the pc's but still wonder why I can't get the screen as shown in the tutorials.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Why not just drop the media in dropbox and go from there?

This is a whole different discussion. Clear.Fi lets you play media from your computer to your tablet. You don't need to copy it to the tablet. It will stream directly from the PC.
Sending a huge 4gig movie from your pc across the internet to dropbox just to access that movie 5 feet from your computer is sort of silly. Clear.fi isn't about moving files (which is WAY WAY easier and faster with a cable or with wifi than with drop box), its about accessing your movies and music without having to move things over the internet onto the device.

Its good to learn other methods. You don't always have to swing the dropbox hammer. Not every problem is a nail.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
I also can get my Clearfi to work with Win7. It's just using WMP is the real pain. I have to update/redo my library every time I rip a new movie onto the HDD. Wish there was some better DLNA software available. I'll check out the last page post with just using homegroup sharing and see if that does the trick. Our network is setup kinda stupidly right now.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I also can get my Clearfi to work with Win7. It's just using WMP is the real pain.

Post #11 in this thread seems to suggest you can do all of this without Windows Media Player. I haven't tried this because I don't have my network set up with homegroups.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Yea it did, but mine isn't setup with home groups. Well... the one that is my mom's laptop has the setup and it asks for the PW, but she has no idea what I'm talking about, so I may just have to reconfigure.

**took some messing with the sharing settings, but seems to be working

Last edited:

Daviduk11

Aug 22, 2011
This is the image I took of my clear.fi screen on my A500

$a500.jpg$a500.jpg

Daviduk11

Aug 22, 2011
Just seen the other posts, I thought you had to use WMP on your pc. How do I get hold of BubbleUPnP?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just seen the other posts, I thought you had to use WMP on your pc. How do I get hold of BubbleUPnP?

You don't need BubbleUPnP. Try not to get sidetracked by people hijacking threads to push their favorite alternative apps.

To get this working you need to set up windows homegroups per post#11 in this thread. The problem does not lie in the tablet, it lies in your windows machines.